No announcement yet.

Need Help Using Modbus Plug-in using MODBUS TCP/IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to change the slave ID to 2 in order for the Homeseer ( Master ) to communicate with the Micro820 ( Slave ). The address would correspond to the address in the micro820 that I mapped to it. Still have not managed to get a register working yet. Will keep you posted.

Comment

I still cannot get the modbus plugin to work with registers. I have mapped INT's and DINT's in the micro850 and what ever I try in the homeseer modbus configuration for the regiester give me errors Click image for larger version

Name:	12_homeseer screen dump.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1264121

Comment

Similar error using Int32 in the homseer plugin

Click image for larger version  Name:	13_homeseer screen dump.jpg Views:	2 Size:	48.5 KB ID:	1264125

Comment

I keep having to restart the plugin... it might run for 10 min sending into to the PLC and then stops without warning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14_homeseer screen dump.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1264129

Comment

WHYME Why are there references to doors and driveways? Aren't you trying to get a solar inverter connected?

Comment

No never was someone else was trying to. I am trying to get a register working so I can use it to tranfer the state of my dsc alarm system to an allen bradley micro800 series plc using modbus registers. the modbus plugin stops working about every 3 minutes and cant seem to get a register to work either.

Comment

WHYME Now I understand. Sorry. I initially had the problem of the modbus plugin stopping every few minutes. I changed the polling to once a minute and the problem went away. This is on the Modbus tab of the gateway device. It's worth a try in case you have a polling time that's longer. It's not the modbus plug-in that was stopping in my case, it was the unit I wanted to poll. Its Modbus access would shut off after two minutes unless it was polled.

Comment

Working...
                X