Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Using Modbus Plug-in using MODBUS TCP/IP

Hello,

I recently purchased the plugin and cannot seem to get it to work. I have setup the Modbus IP gateway and enabled it using the IP of the device I went to send the info from the hometrollerzee to. Everything I tried I cannot get the device to change state. I tried making a register to transfer my alarm system status into to an allenbradley micro800 plc. I cannot get that device to update in the homeseer device list. I tried to make a coil ( either on of off ) linked it to my motion detector and it will not change state either. What am I missing?
    please help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	modbus_device.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1261184

Name:	modbus_device_1.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1261185

Name:	modbus_device_2.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1261186

Name:	modbus_device_3.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1261187

Name:	modbus_device_4.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1261188

If you look at the last change time stamp in the device list this is not updating either. Don’t think the plugin is working. I have tried turning the plugin on and off and even rebooted the hometrollerzee. Still no luck. Beerygaz please help!

Comment

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK MAKING SOME PROGRESS HOWEVER CANNOT GET THE DEVICE TO UPDATE. WORKING A TEST COIL TO MAKE IT CHANGE STATE. HAVING AN EVENT MONITOR A MOTION DETECTOR AND UPDATE THE TEST COIL WHEN IT CHANGES STATE. THE EVEN RUNS HOWEVER THE COIL DOES NOT UPDATE ( SHOWING LAST CHANGED 5/21/1929 @ 11:00:00am MUST BE A DEFAULT VALUE ). IS THERE A HELP FILE FOR THIS PLUGIN?

Name:	modbus_device_7.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1261546

Name:	modbus_device_8.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1261547

Name:	modbus_device_9.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1261548

Name:	modbus_device_10.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1261549

Name:	modbus_device_11.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1261550

Name:	modbus_device_6.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	1261551

Comment

Originally posted by WHYME View Post
        PLEASE TAKE A LOOK MAKING SOME PROGRESS HOWEVER CANNOT GET THE DEVICE TO UPDATE. WORKING A TEST COIL TO MAKE IT CHANGE STATE. HAVING AN EVENT MONITOR A MOTION DETECTOR AND UPDATE THE TEST COIL WHEN IT CHANGES STATE. THE EVEN RUNS HOWEVER THE COIL DOES NOT UPDATE ( SHOWING LAST CHANGED 5/21/1929 @ 11:00:00am MUST BE A DEFAULT VALUE ). IS THERE A HELP FILE FOR THIS PLUGIN?

Name:	modbus_device_7.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1261546

Name:	modbus_device_8.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1261547

Name:	modbus_device_9.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1261548

Name:	modbus_device_10.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1261549

Name:	modbus_device_11.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1261550

Name:	modbus_device_6.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	1261551
        For the help file, Press on the question mark (as for the other help files).

---
        John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

For the help file, Press on the question mark (as for the other help files).

---
          John
          What information is in the debug file?

---
          John

Comment

Name:	1CB17553-0B66-43A7-8C36-D8653201DEEE.png
Views:	335
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	1261618 Here is a couple screen shots from the log file. The events are working and trying to write to the cool and to the holding register but it is erroring out.

Name:	A0447ABF-1CA4-4A41-BE35-7572152C01FC.png
Views:	310
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1261619

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

What information is in the debug file?

---
              John
              Error 2 means illegal data address.

The data address received in the query is not an allowable address for the slave. More specifically, the combination of reference number and transfer length is invalid. For a controller with 100 registers, a request with offset 96 and length 4 would succeed, a request with offset 96 and length 5 will generate exception 02.

---
              John

Comment

I’m kind of confused now. The test I am running is to have a coil change state when a motion detector changes state. The coil has a slave id of 1 and a register address of 1. It is a coil rw so it will be either a 0 ( no motion ) or a 1 ( motion detected ). Essentially a coil is 1 bit in modbus either a 0 or 1. Not sure what you mean by an offset and a length of 4....

Comment

I’m kind of confused now. The test I am running is to have a coil change state when a motion detector changes state. The coil has a slave id of 1 and a register address of 1. It is a coil rw so it will be either a 0 ( no motion ) or a 1 ( motion detected ). Essentially a coil is 1 bit in modbus either a 0 or 1. Not sure what you mean by an offset and a length of 4....
                  This is about the register address. Are you sure that this address is ok.

I know how to work with coils. As I also have a devices that use coils.

Did you try if it is working with Modbus Poll? https://www.modbustools.com/modbus_poll.html

---
                  John

Comment

I will have to try the modbus_poll and let you know.
                    the AB micro820 I am using I can tell the controller what coil I want to read and only read that individual coil. I am using the modbus command 01 to read coil status from the Homeseer starting at address 1 with a size of one

Comment

I will have to try the modbus_poll and let you know.
                      the AB micro820 I am using I can tell the controller what coil I want to read and only read that individual coil. I am using the modbus command 01 to read coil status from the Homeseer starting at address 1 with a size of one
                      You could also try 0 or 2 Did you consider the zero based addressing?

---
                      John

Comment

Hi,

I have problem with modbus plugin.
                        I read registers from HVAC. Modbus TCP/IP protocol.
                        Connect is ok, first read is ok.
                        Second read:
                        Modbus Error Error in ReadValue: Read resulted in 0 bytes returned.
                        Modbus Error Error in Read: Read resulted in 0 bytes returned.
                        Modbus Error Read error for Táp 279
                        Modbus Error I'm not going to poll any remaining registers on this gateway as it seems there is a communication issue.
                        If press connection test is, read first again is ok.

I tried Modbus Poll, read is ok any number,

Please help me.

Comment

Is possible in event modbus connection test?
                          After each test, first read is ok.

Thanks,
                          Sanci

Comment

As noted elsewhere, I too have this problem. I see nothing in the help files that indicates how to "press" the test button via an event. Please advise.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	4DA83AA9-466F-4100-8BBE-03FC10B007E9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	1261978 I managed to get it working after I tried a different approach using the allenbradley micro820 plc. I had to map the coils ( bools ) in the micro820 mapping table. These coils corresponded to the coil in the Homeseer controller I was changing states in. See pics below. ThanksJohn for your comments / suggestions they helped....

Click image for larger version  Name:	F69CE2C9-117D-4619-9080-022B7B679246.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	169.0 KB ID:	1261976

Comment

Working...
                              X