• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post
    Hello Gavin,
    I want to thank you again because after two years your plugin still works perfectly. But now I need to work with HS4 for a customer. I need to integrate another air conditioning system the same as the one I used with the HS3 software using your plugin. How can I do? Is there a version of your plugin for HS4? I didn't find it. I found it alone this but I don't know if it works https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...e-installation
    Thanks
    Massimo-RenderCAD srl​
    Hi Massimo, I started AKModbus plugin https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...in#post1655444

Leave a comment:

• RenderCAD
    replied
    Hello Gavin,
    I want to thank you again because after two years your plugin still works perfectly. But now I need to work with HS4 for a customer. I need to integrate another air conditioning system the same as the one I used with the HS3 software using your plugin. How can I do? Is there a version of your plugin for HS4? I didn't find it. I found it alone this but I don't know if it works https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...e-installation
    Thanks
    Massimo-RenderCAD srl​

Leave a comment:

• RenderCAD
    replied
    Hello Gavin
    We have to thank you very much, the plugin works perfectly even if the setting is not easy. We used the plugin to connect a Daikin air conditioning system to HomeSeer and after many tests and after verifying that it only works through virtual ports we found a way to make it work well. We used an RS485 to Ethernet converters USR-TCP232-304 and it works very well. To set the Holding Registers and Input Registers we had some problems but then we found the solution. The plugin works perfectly with HS3 and we will be testing it with HS4 soon.
    Thanks, Thanks
    Massimo-RenderCAD
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RenderCAD
    replied
    Hello
    Unfortunately until now I have not yet had an answer to my question but, on this forum it had never happened. However I solved by myself, I forgot a warning in the RTD-NET card manual which I report here: "RS485 Cables must use stranded 24awg shielded or unshielded twisted pair to Cat3, Cat4 or Cat5 specification. Use a twisted pair for connections DB, DA and an extra core for connection GND .... "I did this and it was fine. I hope it helps someone to avoid the mistake I made by using the wrong cable..
    Thanks
    Massimo-RenderCAD

Leave a comment:

• RenderCAD
    replied
    sorry,
    this is the last image where is possible to see the only data flow (Rx). Thanks
    Massimo RenderCAD
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RenderCAD
    replied
    Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    Yup - it will work for you. Download the trial when you get it all hooked up and give it a try, but from the manual it looks to be pretty straightforward.
    Hello Gavin
    I have installed the RTD-NET card and the RS 485 converter and they seem to be connected well. The IP address of the converter is found well but the card is only receiving data (RX) but is not transmitting data (TX). I also tried to use the serial port through a VSPE virtual converter but the problem remains the same. I attach reference images and log files. Where could we go to investigate the issue? Thanks
    Massimo-RenderCAD
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    Yup - it will work for you. Download the trial when you get it all hooked up and give it a try, but from the manual it looks to be pretty straightforward.
    Hi Gavin,

Still plans to update the Modbus PI?

---
    John

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RenderCAD
    replied
    Hello
    I hope it is the right place to ask this question. (I apologize if I don't write very well in English, forgive me if I make some mistakes.)
    I'm buying a Daikin air conditioner with internal piping distribution that uses this RTD-NET card that I send as an attachment (file pdf). I will also use an RS485 to ethernet converter (image2). With this configuration, is it possible to use this "Modbus plugin" to manage my DAIKIN FBA60A air conditioning in HS3 PRO? Thanks

Max-RenderCAD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)
    Plug-Ins Enabled: Device Comparison 3P:,NetCAM:,Restart:,Arduino Plugin:,Global Cache Pro:,BLVolume:,BLBackup:,APCUPSD:,EasyTrigger:,Device History:,PHLocation:,Z-Wave:,Current Cost 3P:,BLDatabase:,MyZWaveParameters:,ADIO-100:,SDJ-Health:,AK Google Calendar:,mcsMQTT:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• strips
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Thanks for the tip!

My new ventilation system is also from Systemair, so any help would be appreciated!
    (I have absolutely no knowledge of Modbus...)
    Just a heads up, Systemair sent me a Internet Access Module for my VTR300. This module can be reconfigured from Cloud mode to local Modbus TCP.

The option in the manual says "Modbus Gateway TCP-RTU/RS485 mode switches the IAM to Modbus TCP converter mode"

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by Fandre View Post
    Hi,

I communicate over modbus TCP/IP with this plugin. I have bought a USR-TCP232-410S from Aliexpress which converts modbus RTU (RS485) over to TCP/IP.
    Thanks for the tip!

My new ventilation system is also from Systemair, so any help would be appreciated!
    (I have absolutely no knowledge of Modbus...)

Leave a comment:

• Fandre
    replied
    Originally posted by John245 View Post

In my case the multiplier is working. When i multiplie with 0,1 it will divide correctly.

---
    John
    I have tried with both period and comma, it does not work for me unfortunantly. If I write 0,1 or 0.1 it will revert back to 1. If I go higher than 1 it will act normal.

Leave a comment:

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by Fandre View Post
    Hi,

I communicate over modbus TCP/IP with this plugin. I have bought a USR-TCP232-410S from Aliexpress which converts modbus RTU (RS485) over to TCP/IP. My ventilationsystem is Systemair and is working perfectly fine to control everything from heatexchanger to airflow, reading temperatures and so on.

The only thing I am waiting for is the developer to fix the multiplier-bug as it will not scale down, only up. For example; a reading of 190 in extract temperature can not be scaled to 19 yet.
    In my case the multiplier is working. When i multiplie with 0,1 it will divide correctly.

---
    John

Leave a comment:

• Fandre
    replied
    Hi,

I communicate over modbus TCP/IP with this plugin. I have bought a USR-TCP232-410S from Aliexpress which converts modbus RTU (RS485) over to TCP/IP. My ventilationsystem is Systemair and is working perfectly fine to control everything from heatexchanger to airflow, reading temperatures and so on.

The only thing I am waiting for is the developer to fix the multiplier-bug as it will not scale down, only up. For example; a reading of 190 in extract temperature can not be scaled to 19 yet.

Leave a comment:

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Perfect! Which ones are these (the working ones)?
    In case it is a serial device I use an ATC-107N RS-232 TO RS-485/RS-422 interface in combination with a VSCOM serial server.

I have a KOICONTROL modbus TVP over IP device and an AD converter (exact model not known by head) over TCP/IP.

I now the author is bussy with a re-write which will solve a lot of issues.

---

John

Leave a comment:

Working...
X