Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeout on connections to IP gateway

Hi,

This might not be the best place to ask, but I'm at a loss to where I'd get better answers.

I've got a Nilan CT602 controller plugged in to my Modbus RS485 - IP gateway. I've got the IP-adress, and have set up the gateway as follows:

The plugin is also set up with this information, and responds succesfully to "test". The problem is I'm not getting data from the gateway - with timeout errors in the logs. I've double checked firewalls and the psysical connections, and it should all be right. The RX count on the gateway is also slowly increasing, so it seems to be recieving data.

Any ideas what is causing the timeouts?

Originally posted by Fredrick View Post
    Hi,

This might not be the best place to ask, but I'm at a loss to where I'd get better answers.

I've got a Nilan CT602 controller plugged in to my Modbus RS485 - IP gateway. I've got the IP-adress, and have set up the gateway as follows:

The plugin is also set up with this information, and responds succesfully to "test". The problem is I'm not getting data from the gateway - with timeout errors in the logs. I've double checked firewalls and the psysical connections, and it should all be right. The RX count on the gateway is also slowly increasing, so it seems to be recieving data.

Any ideas what is causing the timeouts?
    Not done this before but turn Parity to Even and see what you get.

Eman
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

That actually seems to do the trick

Tested, and managed to turn it off from modbus, but now its impossible to turn back on. Damn.

Even with the gateway disconnected and trying just through the attached control panel :/

EDIT: There is an offset of 1 from the manual and the controller im communicating with. That made me **** up and switch an adress I shouldnt have to a test-mode. Fixed it

Comment

Working...
      X