Testing/usage Modbus 3.7.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Beerygaz,

Same issue after running for 93 minutes.

---
    John

Comment

Hi Beerygaz,

I also tried a delay between polls of 300 ms without success.

Should the plug in (modbus master) not take an action to synchronize (for e.g. A read with the same transaction ID)? As after this error all reads are asynchronous. With as result no read out of the data.

Or are you willing to change the PI so that the specific gateway will be disabled and enabled after this error.

---
      John

Comment

Hi Beerygaz,

I also tried a delay between polls of 300 ms without success.

Should the plug in (modbus master) not take an action to synchronize (for e.g. A read with the same transaction ID)? As after this error all reads are asynchronous. With as result no read out of the data.

Or are you willing to change the PI so that the specific gateway will be disabled and enabled after this error.

---
        John

Comment

John:
          Can you up the Read/Write Retries value in the gateway device config screen to 4 (I think the default is 2)
          For testing purposes extend your "Delay between each address poll" to 500ms
          And adjust the read/write timeout value from 1000ms to 3000ms

I'm trying to see if this is a timing issue on the network, or within the plugin.

Thanks Gavin
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hi Beerygaz,

Read/write 3
            read write time/out 100 mS
            delay between each poll 1000 mS

is working for over 3 days at the moment. Wil report when the issue is back

---
            John

Comment

John are you sure? I think the timeout should be set higher and the delay lower. That way we can read all the registers as quickly as possible and handle the exceptions. With this setting it will take 42s to read all of your registers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                John are you sure? I think the timeout should be set higher and the delay lower. That way we can read all the registers as quickly as possible and handle the exceptions. With this setting it will take 42s to read all of your registers.

Hi Beerygaz,

I can also try your settings, but the time is not important. I'm monitoring a pond so the changes are not that quick.

---

John

Comment

That makes sense. But if it's not too disruptive I'd like to try reducing read time and increasing timeout to get faster readings and see what your threshold is before we hit sync issues.

Comment

changes made. I will report what will happen.

---
                    John

Comment

Thanks John.

Comment

Running for 2 days without any issues

Comment

Beerygaz,

I think the issue was caused by something unknown. A delay between each address poll is also running without issues for a couple of days.

--
                          John

Comment

This is good news. Have you tried to gradually reduce the delays to see if it recurs at a very low delay point?

Comment

Hi Beerygaz,

What are the changes in: 3.7.6115.21632?

---
                              John

Comment

Minor update to improve Linux/mono support and make logging settings persistent after a restart.

Comment

Working...
                                X