Module responding to 2 addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Module responding to 2 addresses

Firstly and I have said this before but the PLCBUS manuals are rubbish! Ok, so I got some new modules the other day one of which was a plug in Appliance module, to set it up and do a little experimenting I plugged a lamp into it, as usual and per instructions I pressed and held the set up button for 5 seconds and then sent a command (P2) to teach it an address.
    So, I'm playing around and I notice that this module responds to P16 as well as P2, so I'm guessing I'd added a scene or something by mistake so I go to the tools option and try various things to sort it out, like
    1. erase all scenes from P2 and P16 and it's still the same
    2. I change P2 to P16 and the lamp only responds to P16 but when I change P2 to P16 it still responds to both
    3. I try setting it up again hopefully erasing all addresses but to no avail.

So, is it me or the module at fault?

Keith

So, the plot thickens, I just deleted ALL my saved modules in HS and then set up my Plug in module with the address code P1, when I go to the 'tools' option and select 'Report in use adresses' I get P1 and P16, then with the lamp plugged into the appliance module turned on and the select 'report only on addresses' I only get P1
    I then set up P16 on HS and the module still responds to 'on' and 'off' but status is always reported as being off

Keith

Comment

Strange, but try to do the same thing with the program that kevin has "PLCBUS Universal Controller Program "
      Only thing I know is that P14 and P15 are special commands for Crystal Switches. http://www.x10-hk.com/store/manual/p...lcbus-2220.pdf

Comment

Thanks Lunkan, played around with that program and it's the same, it would appear as the P16 address is there for good, it's possible it was intended this way as it is the VERY last address available and has some special feature but AGAIN I'll stress how useless the manuals are for PLCBUS items, it would appear that there are 'features/ quirks' that we only discover by stumbling upon them

Anyway, my short term solution is to switch House codes, I'm sure it'll be quite a while before I have enough modules that'll necessitate using all addresses!

Keith

Comment

Yes I think you should avoid house code "P" as there are special features on there, and maybe some are not documented.
          Scene P15 makes the crystal switches blue led danse.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Yes, I think we should have a 'sticky' about house code P.

Also it has come to my attention that if I switch BOTH loads of a 2 loads module ON or OFF at the exact same time (which is unfortunately easy to do) then they will not respond locally

Keith

Comment

Also it has come to my attention that if I switch BOTH loads of a 2 loads module ON or OFF at the exact same time (which is unfortunately easy to do) then they will not respond locally
              Hmmm I have to try this.

This is really bad and if true I think the module need to be returned to factory.

What module ref are you talking about ? micro-module ? two-appliance module ? two-light module?

If you press both local buttons at the same time then the module doesn't respond anymore to local buttons ???
              --
              stipus

Comment

Two Load Lamp Module 2264E
                I have it wired up to a double switch and the loads connected to 2 lamps, if I press both switches at the exact same time (which is quite easy as you just press them as one) then nothing happens, if I press it again on its on it will work.

I have another 2264 here which I will wire up shortly and see if it happens to that one too.

Keith

Comment

pressing 2 buttons at same time

Recently I bought a couple of PLCbus modules; having a firmware issue with the PC interface (suplyer is working on that), so I use the modules stand alone right now (only local use). I see the same on the double crystal switches. i.e. if you pre in the middle of upper/lower part you feel both switches being activated, but then nothing happens (both lights stay same status)

This sounds logical, I would designing and use the same interface logic for all type of switches (be it hidden or using the crystal layout). But hey, I would make the light go to 100% when pressing upper part and the light was 50% and not put it off....

p.s. aren't we going off topic now?
                  Last edited by ~RoBo~; January 29, 2008, 07:11 AM. Reason: Confirmed that the crystal switches working the same way

Comment

No, let me clarify
                    I have a 2 lamp module (2264E)
                    It is connected to a double ON/ OFF switch which is in turn connected to 2 lamps
                    If I switch either switch, on its own, then there are no problems (these are standard wall switches and are either on or off)
                    BUT if I switch both switches at the EXACT same time then (and this is a recent discovery) ONLY ONE lamp will respond and it isn't always the same one either.

Keith

Comment

Comment

Will be testing my other 2 lamp module and 2 load appliance module this evening too.

Comment

I can confirm that my other 2 load lamp module behaves in the exact same way.

Keith

Comment

You should send a problem report to your PlcBus harwdare vendor, and ask to forward your problem to the factory. Maybe this could be fixed by a firmware change in the module.

I have just sent a problem report to Kevin-Lo about this PLCBUS-2264E incorrect behavior.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Yes, I have already sent an email and will update when I have news.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X