plcbus interface 1141G rebuilding to rs232

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plcbus interface 1141G rebuilding to rs232

I have a lot of problem with plcbus. sometimes its ok for several week and then all the problems start again. I get a lot of error on my log. I think maybe the interface gives problem. I want to rebuild the interface. I have an USBi nterface and I want to rebuild it to a rs232 serial interface. I have seen somebody how done it too. My problem is that I can't find that Item on the internet. Can anyone give me a link to that item, so I can rebuild my interface. Thanks, peter

Try this site

I think I have seen this on the BWired-forum.
    www.domoticaforum.eu

Do a search over there.

gr,
    William

Comment

thanks for the reply

I have searched on the site but could not find it, do you know where I can find it exactly, Thanks again

greetings Peter

Comment

PLCBus interface

I thought I had seen it on that site, actually I have seen it somewhere last week on the internet, incl. pictures. What I remember of it, that there is a USB<>RS232 converter inside the case, it's a seperate PCB, so it must not be difficult to just remove that and connect a DB9 connector to it.

Comment

rebuilding plcbus interface

Abbo, I tried to do that, but it did't work. I will go on with my searcj on the internet to see how it sould be done, Thanks anyway

Greet peter

Comment

Originally posted by peter smith View Post
            Abbo, I tried to do that, but it did't work. I will go on with my searcj on the internet to see how it sould be done, Thanks anyway

Greet peter
            Why you don't direct order one RS232 version ?
            http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...roducts_id=179

If you want to DIY , I can try to take a photo of RS232 and USB version for you as reference .

Comment

kevin, I connected the usb convertor again to the computer, and the problems are not that bad as it used to be. I can't understand why. Maybe there was a lot of noise at the power line that was interfering the plcbus system. I don't know.

Thanx anyway for the reply

greetz peter

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                If you want to DIY , I can try to take a photo of RS232 and USB version for you as reference .
                Please do, thank you.

Comment

Willem,

for some pictures, please see this thread.
                  When rebuilding from USB to RS232, the main challenge is to provide the Max232 with +5V. I haven't tried, but I suspect the solution proposed by tonlof should work with the 1k resistors removed.
                  I have taken a different way and have easily replaced the PL-2303 based USB to serial converter with an FTDI based. Did that a few weeks ago, since then works like a charm :-)

Hope this helps.
                  Nicolas

Comment

Willem,

for some pictures, please see this thread.
                    When rebuilding from USB to RS232, the main challenge is to provide the Max232 with +5V. I haven't tried, but I suspect the solution proposed by tonlof should work with the 1k resistors removed.
                    I have taken a different way and have easily replaced the PL-2303 based USB to serial converter with an FTDI based. Did that a few weeks ago, since then everything has been working like a charm :-)

Hope this helps.
                    Nicolas

Comment

Working...
                    X