Controlling PLC-BUS devices in HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling PLC-BUS devices in HSTouch

Hi, I'm a homeautomation newbie, I use PLC-BUS as my home-automation system. Please anybody tell me how to control PLC-BUS devices via HSTouch. I find no Command option for my PLC-BUS devices when I add action "Homeseer: Control a HomeSeer Device".

Can HomeSeer control your PLC-BUS lights now? If so they should be selectable as a "normal" device in HSTouch. IE Kitchen Light
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I can control my lights via Homeseer web interface. I also find them listed on the device list in HSTouch Designer. But when I added a button and associated the action "Control a HomeSeer Device" to the light, the Command combobox was empty.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by b!d; November 24, 2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: Add picture

Comment

Originally posted by b!d View Post
        I can control my lights via Homeseer web interface. I also find them listed on the device list in HSTouch Designer. But when I added a button and associated the action "Control a HomeSeer Device" to the light, the Command combobox was empty.
        Hum... If you are running the latest version of HSTouch plugin and designer then this appears to be a bug.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm running:
          HSTouch Designer/Client v1.0.17
          HSPI_HSTOUCH.dll 1.0.0.1
          hspi_plcbus.dll 1.30.2.3

OK, I assume this as bug. I tried to have my devices controlled by using VB.NET scripts in HSTouch using option Run a HomeSeer script. For example:

&hs.Plugin( "PLCBUS Connector" ).SendPlcBusCommand( "A7", 2, 0, 0, false )

to turn on A7 light. But how to have Toggle On/Off function? How does Toggle On/Off work?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by b!d; November 24, 2009, 01:43 AM. Reason: Add description

Comment

I didn't know there was such a bug with the PLCBUS Connector plugin and HS-Touch.

Unfortunately I don't have HS-Touch, and I don't know how I can debug this problem.

In the standard HomeSeer Web interface, we can see the buttons ON/OFF/DIM for lamp devices, and ON/OFF for appliance devices.

Is there something special that must be done to have those commands also appear in the HS-Touch designer ?

Last edited by stipus; November 28, 2009, 04:49 AM.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Thanks stipus for the code. I just thought that what I need is to simulate Toggle ON/OFF command by writing script. So it should be alternately ON and OFF when I click the button, and won't care about the device status since some of my devices won't send their status anymore... Do you have an idea what the script should be?

Comment

The code I copy/pasted is more for HomeSeer tech to see what I could have done wrong with the devices, to prevent commands from being shown in the HS-Touch interface.

For the toggle, you could write a simple IF THEN ELSE

Something like:

Code:
                If hs.IsOn( "A7" ) Then hs.ExecX10 "A7", "Off", 0, 0 Else hs.ExecX10 "A7", "On", 0, 0 Endif
                --
                stipus

Comment

I have no problem at all to controll devices with plcbus connecor and HS touch.
                  Working on windows and Iphone client.
                  Toggle, Dim, On/off is working.
                  HS Pro 2.4.0.1
                  HS Touch 1.0.17

Is the devices created with the plcbus connector config or in ordinary hs setup?
                  Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                  --
                  Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks for your reply tonlof.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

@stipus: Thanks for the code.
                      @tonlof: I use HomeSeer 2.3.0.19 and HSTouch 1.0.0.17. I'll try to upgrade to 2.4 to see if it will work. I created the devices using PLCBUS connector plugin, not ordinary HS setup.

Comment

I think you have an old version of the hstouch plugin. Run the updater and see if there is a newer version.
                        1.0.0.10 is what i have ( i do not use plc-bus tough so i'm not sure its releated)

Comment

@markus: I did your suggestion and now it works well. thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see your problem sorted
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                              Nice to see your problem sorted
                              Thank you ...

Comment

Working...
                              X