Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLCBUS installation

Hi everyone

I'm doing an install of ~30 modules and after installing 10 of them, I'm finding a lot of possible noise interference issue from my fluorescent lights particularly when setting up scenes.

When multiple fluorescent light sets turn on (1 set of light switch can control 5-8 T5 lights for indirect/bounced source) then my 1141 becomes deaf/mute. It either doesn't listen to the respond or the lights stop responding to commands. Even programming scenes can set off unrelated lights: unrelated lights became included with scenes that I'm programming).

Right now I'm waiting for noise absorbers before I continue with the rest of the installation. I really hope these noise absorber will fix my issue, otherwise I'll have 3 dozens useless modules..

Any PLCBUS other users here with good/bad story on electrical interferences? Are they that rare?
    Last edited by LeoS; June 24, 2013, 06:39 AM.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
    Hi everyone

I'm doing an install of ~30 modules and after installing 10 of them, I'm finding a lot of possible noise interference issue from my fluorescent lights particularly when setting up scenes.

When multiple fluorescent light sets turn on (1 set of light switch can control 5-8 T5 lights for indirect/bounced source) then my 1141 becomes deaf/mute. It either doesn't listen to the respond or the lights stop responding to commands. Even programming scenes can set off unrelated lights: unrelated lights became included with scenes that I'm programming).

Right now I'm waiting for noise absorbers before I continue with the rest of the installation. I really hope these noise absorber will fix my issue, otherwise I'll have 3 dozens useless modules..

Any PLCBUS other users here with good/bad story on electrical interferences? Are they that rare?

Only bad stories here, as the noise interference issue is here too...
    I think it is standard, as i tried my modules in 3 houses before i make my decision...
    If there was a documentation on how to proceed to solve these probs would be the answer, but there is nothing that works for sure...

I don't want to buy things like noise absorbers or filters that i'm not sure if they will work. (i have already made a try)
    So, i live with the troubles!

If there is a real answer, please let's talk about it!!

Comment

I just took a capacitor from old cheap fluorescent lamphouse and connect it close to the 1141.
      They look like this. http://www.powerhouse.com.pk/index.p...product_id=666
      It helped me, not sure if it help all.
      Thanks
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
        I just took a capacitor from old cheap fluorescent lamphouse and connect it close to the 1141.
        They look like this. http://www.powerhouse.com.pk/index.p...product_id=666
        It helped me, not sure if it help all.
        Thanks
        Thank you very much for the info!
        But... How many μF (microFarad) is your capacitor?
        And how did you connect it, in series or parallel?
        Thanks in Advance, gas

Comment

Originally posted by coolgas View Post
          Thank you very much for the info!
          But... How many μF (microFarad) is your capacitor?
          And how did you connect it, in series or parallel?
          Thanks in Advance, gas
          Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
          --
          Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I also find this problem.

So I make a device for chain install with 1141. Inside is 2.2uF X2 safety capacitor , for chain install with 1141 (with output cable) , that is 4x 2.2uF = 8.8uF . without output cable , that is 2.2uF x 5 = 11uF

http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...e1ee119dccd1d9

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
              I also find this problem.

So I make a device for chain install with 1141. Inside is 2.2uF X2 safety capacitor , for chain install with 1141 (with output cable) , that is 4x 2.2uF = 8.8uF . without output cable , that is 2.2uF x 5 = 11uF

http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...e1ee119dccd1d9
              I don't understand what version should i buy... the 8.8 or 11uF version?
              I will use it near to plcbus 1141, not near the noise-device (difficult to find)...

Comment

Originally posted by coolgas View Post
                I don't understand what version should i buy... the 8.8 or 11uF version?
                I will use it near to plcbus 1141, not near the noise-device (difficult to find)...
                Can you reproduce the noise problem , say turn on several T5 or T8 , the system will have problem ? If you can find the noise device , connect the 11uF nearby the device.

For 8.8uf version , that is AC power cord in and have another power cord output to connect to 1141 .
                Since when 1141 send the command and find the noise , it will stop send out the command. So I make the 8.8uf version for work with 1141.

Comment

Hi.
                  My problem is different.

I have brownouts on lamps.
                  The effect is strange.
                  They blink slightly and fixed frequency and I think in time with the query PLCBUS.

Comment

Originally posted by pawnies20 View Post
                    Hi.
                    My problem is different.

I have brownouts on lamps.
                    The effect is strange.
                    They blink slightly and fixed frequency and I think in time with the query PLCBUS.
                    try to add an 5uf capacitor in parallel with micro module L and N.
                    If you don't have , I can send you one or two unit. You just send me the shipping.

I update you tomorrow , since I also find this blink problem in my home. But my problem is different. If I turn on the heater fan in toilet , one of my ceiling lamps will blink. I will take one capacitor back to home tomorrow , see can it solve it.

Comment

Working...
                    X