Responce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responce

I have several Sonoff devices flashed with Tasmota firmware. The work perfect with Homeseer through TasMQTT.

But one thing doens't work and i don't know if it's Homeseer, TasMQTT or the Tasmota firmware.

I have the following:

Sonoff TH16 with Tasmota firmware.
    I can switch the relay by pressing the On or Off button in Homeseer device management. The icon gets updated regarding the state of the relay.

When i press the button on the Sonoff TH16, the relay switch On or Off depending it previous state and Homeseer updates the icon.

That al works perfectly.

But now the following, i want the relay of the Sonoff TH16 switch off automatically after lets say 10 seconds after it has been switch On.

So i create an event. This event works when i switch On the relay through Homeseer device management, after 10 seconds the relay switches Off.
    But when i press the button on the Sonoff TH16 the relay switches On, Homeseer change it's device icon to On but the event doens't receive a trigger and the relay stays on.

This it the same if i use a Sonoff Touch.

Somebody any idea what's causing this ?

With dear regards,

Gerwin van den Brink

I had a situation where I over-optimized event management in mcsMQTT with the result that in some cases mcsMQTT did not provide the event notification to HS. A reasonable inference is that a similar situation exists wit tasMQTT, but the plugin author needs to make this assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Brink Electronics View Post
      I have several Sonoff devices flashed with Tasmota firmware. The work perfect with Homeseer through TasMQTT.

But now the following, i want the relay of the Sonoff TH16 switch off automatically after lets say 10 seconds after it has been switch On.

So i create an event. This event works when i switch On the relay through Homeseer device management, after 10 seconds the relay switches Off.
      But when i press the button on the Sonoff TH16 the relay switches On, Homeseer change it's device icon to On but the event doens't receive a trigger and the relay stays on.
      This is by design. When the spec for the plug-in was written it was collectively decided that the devices (endpoints) would take priority over HS3. That is, if we loose connection between HS3 and the sonoff then when it comes back online we take the value of the sonoff and update HS3 instead of the other way around. This was considered the best option because physical settings should really over-ride virtual ones. However, do we want events in HS3 to be triggered when devices comes back online and HS3 is updated from the device? We thought no, generally not and in fact considered several situations where having events triggered in HS3 because a device (a basic for example) came back online with a different setting might cause a cascade (if device changes and become x then do y) being triggered due to poor wifi or MQTT issues rather than a deliberate action.

Anyway, you do have a choice, to make it work as you require you need to edit the TasMQTT.ini file which resides in the Config folder under the HS3 folder. In the [Settings] section add a line

DoUpdate=true

save the file, disable the plug-in, wait 30 seconds and then re-enable it and you will have the desired functionality.

Comment

Working...
      X