Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strips only use one IP address and the strip itself handles which plug to fire (on/off). Did you try uninstalling the strip then reinstalling? This could fix your problem.

Comment

Hi James,

there is a needs fixing true.

here it is:
      Device Details
      device_version : |19.3.23|19.4.4
      error_count : 0
      tplink_alias : Strip Plug 1
      tplink_ip : 10.241.7.29
      tplink_poll_priority : 3
      tplink_power_change : false
      pollPriority : 3
      DevRef : 483
      MacAddress : D807B62095ED
      needsFixing : True
      Alias : Strip Plug 1
      HSAddress : D807B62095EDJV00
      Hostname : 10.241.7.29
      DeviceType : 0
      OutletNum : 00
      Model : unknown

Polling frequency: 20 sec1 min2 min

Get TPLink Detailsoutlets : System.Collections.Generic.List`1[HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.Devices.TPLinkSmartPlug+child_outlet]
      monthStat : GetPropValue(monthStat) not valid/found
      dayStat : GetPropValue(dayStat) not valid/found
      current : -1
      voltage : -1
      power : -1
      total : -1
      PoweredOn : True
      LedOn : False
      PoweredOnSince : 11/15/2020 8:34:55 PM
      Features : TIM
      NumberOfChildOutlets : 3
      CurrentOutlet : 00
      OnlineStatusChanged : False
      isOnline : True
      IsOn : True
      Hostname : 10.241.7.29
      Port : 9999
      MessageCache : HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.Messaging.TimeGatedMessageCache
      SoftwareVersion : 1.0.4 Build 200828 Rel.165029
      HardwareVersion : 1.0
      Type : IOT.SMARTPLUGSWITCH
      Model : KP303(UK)
      MacAddress : D8:07:B6:20:95:ED
      DevName : GetPropValue(DevName) not valid/found
      HardwareId : 8A263122E4686102C1C8C805202C33CD
      FirmwareId : n/a
      DeviceId : 800698D27D86BBBBDB49B3FA744A9A791D1920F4
      OemId : 707DC0D8FE3A745AAC776E000DC1CF15
      RSSI : -58
      LocationLatLong :
      Alias : Strip Plug 1
      CurrentTime : 11/15/2020 9:23:10 PM
      Failure to Connect Count : 0

Comment

I’ll try a reinstall and see what happens

Comment

Hi, the reinstall worked! Thanks.
          However I have noticed another anomaly.
          if the device name is changed in kasha (iOS management app) the device will pick up on the new name. However the status page will not.
          deleting and re adding works. It looks like the device name in the status page is set on add and then not updated if it changes.

cheers!

Comment

[QUOTE=
            However I have noticed another anomaly.
            if the device name is changed in kasha (iOS management app) the device will pick up on the new name. However the status page will not.
            deleting and re adding works. It looks like the device name in the status page is set on add and then not updated if it changes.

cheers![/QUOTE]

That's because the plugin is using the MAC address of the Kasa device and not the name behind the scene. If you delete and re-add it will give it the new name as when you deleted it now the plugin doesn't know the MAC address anymore and will accept the changed (new) name

Comment

Thanks! Already done.

Comment

(Reposting here as I didn't get any response in separate thread. Appreciate any inputs)

HS3 plugin not finding devices after a power outage recovery

I recently installed this plugin to control a couple Kasa plugs via events. I had a momentary power outage today and when the homeseer started up this plugiin it said 'No devices found' in the log (presumably because the router itself is starting up at the same time). However I would have expected the plugin to poll and re-discover the devices. It didn't. So the automatic events that ran never actually accomplished their tasks via this plugin (to turn off the plugs). Has anyone else experienced this. I had to manually restart this plugin before it was able to discover the devices to control. Let me know if there is a way around it as the events are controlling some aquarium lighting/CO2 in my case and I can't let them run past the allotted time esp. when I am away. thanks

Date/time=12/27/2020 10:41:45 AM CST
                Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.8.0 (Linux)
                MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:14:25 UTC 2019)

License=Registered
                Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
                Uptime=58 Days 1 Hour 59 Minutes 23 Seconds
                Lan IP=127.0.0.1 (HomeTrollerSELv5)
                Device Count=214
                Event Count=14
                Plugins Enabled=NetCAM:,weatherXML:,Rachio:,SmartThings:,BLLAN:,Z-Wave:,TPLinkSmartHome:
                Modules/Threads=101 Modules, 58 Threads
                Available Threads=199
                HomeSeer Memory Used=125 Mbytes
                Plugins Installed=BLLAN 2.0.45.0,NetCAM 3.0.0.14,Rachio 4.0.1.0,SmartThings 4.0.15.0,TPLinkSmartHome 19.10.7.1,weatherXML 3.0.1.19,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Comment

I've had power outages (I have a cabin in the local mountains where power is not always consistent) and the plugin did re-established connection to the tplink devices. I do think the plugin might not be able to reconnect if the IP addresses changed. I am focused on my last beta of the HS4 version of the plugin and I will test the power outage scenario. Oh yeah! It does take 10ish minutes for the HS3 plugin to recover so there is that window where events will not run.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James. Just rebooting the router causes this issue for me. It did not re-establish connection for over 8 hours and I had to rediscover. I will test with static IPs for the plugs and report back. They are currently on DHCP.

Also, can I test your HS4 plugin on my Hometroller SEL or is it only available in Windows.

Comment

Yes, I was going to ask, are they static?

Remember static address should be outside the range of your DHCP or, if in it, use a DHCP reservation.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by vrajkuma View Post
                        Thanks James. Just rebooting the router causes this issue for me. It did not re-establish connection for over 8 hours and I had to rediscover. I will test with static IPs for the plugs and report back. They are currently on DHCP.

Also, can I test your HS4 plugin on my Hometroller SEL or is it only available in Windows.
                        I expect and will want that the HS4 version of the plugin will work on Linux. I have not tested it but will in the next day or two. Feel free to download the beta on the HS4 version and I would appreciate anything you find.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Just rebooting the router causes this issue for me.
                          I know that technically I can automatically rediscover the devices' new IP addresses based on their MACs. I will add that to my "kaizen" list.
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have a couple of HS103 Kasa wifi plugs. I can get the plugs set up and I can control them from the Android app. The plug-in is finding them but not assigning a HS3 device. I am able to control them through my smartphone without wifi.

Comment

I have a very old version (19.10.7.1) installed on HS4. If I wish to install 2021.4.30.0, what is the best procedure to do so?
                              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                              Home Assistant 2024.3
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                              X