No announcement yet.

No Energy Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The devices are updating now - already did three times. You're on to something

Comment

Aha! The energy devices of the plug I've deleted a few min ago also turned up and are also updating! That's looking good indeed.

Calling it a day now anyway. I'll post again tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Alex

Comment

I was wondering why you were still awake being in a different time zone. I will provide you a fix by the time you wake up. I actually have two bugs. I have a fix for both.
        I couldn't have found them without your help. Thank you.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

New beta version 19_9_20_3 has been posted. Please let me know if you come across any issues. Thanks you for you tenacity.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

My whole home is fully automated and my family has become used to (read: dependent on) having Alexa do the heavy lifting for them. If that doesn't work while they are awake they'll come for my head. That's why I'm up at night

By the way there's no reason to thank me. Using a freebee and then making demands to the developer and actually getting stuff fixed in no time is not a given. It's on me to be grateful!

As to the latest beta, this is what I did:
            • Deleted all devices, including the master device.
            • Installed the new beta.
            • Checked all settings (create amps, use watts etc.).
            • Restarted Homeseer completely for good measure.
            • Added devices using IP.
            Result:
            • All devices created immediately. With zero values at first, but all updated fine in the next poll cycle.
            • Even Ampere devices turn up now. Never saw these before!
            So far all good!!

Other findings:
            • The plugin takes very long to load comparing to others (see log below).
            • The switch devices should probably not be set to "Do not log" for event/automation friendliness.
            • On/Off Devices only write a log when operated from Homeseer. When operated from button on the plug itself only the status updates, but nothing is logged. This is also for event/automation friendliness.
            • Purely cosmetic: The energy devices still create rather useless slider buttons.
            • Also purely cosmetic: The energy devices have no icon. Other (Z-Wave for example) use a default flash icon (see snip below).
            • And another cosmetic one: totals suffix should be "kWh" or "kW hours", volts suffix should be upper case "V" or "Volt", watts suffix should be upper case "W" or "Watts". This is just to blend in with the other stuff in HS.
            Code:
            Sep-21 12:51:13         Starting Plug-In    TPLinkSmartHome loaded in 12817 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:51:13         Starting Plug-In    Plugin TPLinkSmartHome started successfully in 12582 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:51:00         Starting Plug-In    MeiUnifi loaded in 1425 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:51:00         Starting Plug-In    Plugin MeiUnifi started successfully in 1018 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:59         Starting Plug-In    SurveillanceStation loaded in 1877 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:59         Starting Plug-In    Plugin SurveillanceStation started successfully in 1698 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:57         Starting Plug-In    SDJ-VStat loaded in 976 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:57         Starting Plug-In    Plugin SDJ-VStat started successfully in 807 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:56         Starting Plug-In    BLRoombaWifi loaded in 1317 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:56         Starting Plug-In    Plugin BLRoombaWifi started successfully in 1098 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:55         Starting Plug-In    SDJ-Health loaded in 649 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:54         Starting Plug-In    Plugin SDJ-Health started successfully in 317 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:54         Starting Plug-In    BLBackup loaded in 334 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:54         Starting Plug-In    Plugin BLBackup started successfully in 52 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:53         Starting Plug-In    Z-Wave loaded in 8645 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:53         Starting Plug-In    Plugin APCUPSD started successfully in 6791 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:46         Starting Plug-In    Plugin Z-Wave started successfully in 1445 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:45         Starting Plug-In    APCUPSD loaded in 760 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:45         Starting Plug-In    Plugin APCUPSD started successfully in 549 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:44         Starting Plug-In    YR Weather loaded in 2729 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:44         Starting Plug-In    Plugin YR Weather started successfully in 2372 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:41         Starting Plug-In    Harmony Hub loaded in 213 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:41         Starting Plug-In    Plugin Harmony Hub started successfully in 36 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:41         Starting Plug-In    Pushover 3P loaded in 214 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:41         Starting Plug-In    Plugin Pushover 3P started successfully in 8 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:41         Starting Plug-In    BLShutdown loaded in 320 milliseconds
            Sep-21 12:50:41         Starting Plug-In    Plugin BLShutdown started successfully in 21 milliseconds
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture16.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1328003

Comment

Thank you for all the feedback. The plugin is free and will continue to be that way but I still want it to be as good as it can be. I've had my house fully automated for awhile and my family is also "used" to the convenience of lights, fireplace, TV nd even the cat door via Alexa.
              I will let you know what I find you list as time allows.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I've been following this thread as I had been having an issue with the energy devices not creating, or not updating properly as well. I'm happy to report that since updating to the newest beta my devices have been functioning properly as well!

Just out of curiosity, do you have any plans to have the energy devices automatically input into Homeseer's energy database?

Comment

I am not really familiar the HS energy database. When I get some time, I will take a look to see if it makes sense.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                  X