Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem using the TP-Link plugin with Linux HomeTrollerSEL

Hi!
    I'm running HS3 SEL on Linux. Installed the TP-Link plugin, but it just won't start properly. This is the HS3 log output:

Initializing plug-in(2): TPLinkSmartHome Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0

After restarting the plugin many times there was two times the plugin menu was visible (usually it's not visible). When I clicked inside the menu it disappeared, and this came in the log output (I think the menu clicking and the log error is related, but not sure):

File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/TPLinkSmartHome

The plug-in status show:
    WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from TPLinkSmartHome - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
    Any idea?
    Thanks

I will take a look tomorrow (I am tied up tonight).
    Have you been able to install other plugins?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks!

I installed other plugins like the Sonos plugin, Philips Hue etc. They are working fine.

Comment

I was not able to recreate the issue. I tried it both on the version from the updater and the version from the beta. There must be something different about my plugin that I am missing.
        1). Can you let me know what version of the TPLinkSmartHome plugin you are running?
        2). Can you take a look at the ???.exe.config for my plugin and the ones for Sons and Hue and see if there any clues?
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I still need the info above but I was able to recreate something similar when I have a device that is "offline". It behaves differently in Linux as compared to Windows.
          Do you have any TPLinkSmartHome devices already defined in the plugin? Could you send me a snip of the actual log error that shows a 4-5 lines before the error?
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thank you for checking this out!

TPLinkSmartHome version: 19.6.3.1

The log :
            Sep-27 6:02:47 AM Plug-InFinished initializing plug-in TPLinkSmartHome
            Sep-27 6:02:47 AM Starting Plug-InTPLinkSmartHome loaded in 3510 milliseconds
            Sep-27 6:02:47 AM ErrorInitializing plug-in(2): TPLinkSmartHome Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0
            Sep-27 6:02:47 AM InfoPlugin TPLinkSmartHome with instance: has disconnected
            Sep-27 6:02:44 AM TPLinkSmartHomeInitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
            Sep-27 6:02:44 AM TPLinkSmartHome##InitIO registered pages ..
            Sep-27 6:02:44 AM TPLinkSmartHome##InitIO start of method..
            Sep-27 6:02:44 AM Starting Plug-InInitializing plugin TPLinkSmartHome ...
            Sep-27 6:02:44 AM InfoPlugin TPLinkSmartHome has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58079

Could not see anything in the config files. Would it help if I posted the content of the HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.exe.config ?

Comment

Adding the content of the HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.exe.config. Hope it helps.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
              <configuration>
              <runtime>
              <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
              <probing privatePath="bin/TPLinkSmartHome"/>
              </assemblyBinding>
              </runtime>
              <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
              <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
              </startup>
              </configuration>
              :1...skipping...
              <?xml version="1.0"?>
              <configuration>
              <runtime>
              </assemblyBinding>
              </runtime>
              </startup>
              </configuration>

Thanks

Comment

I was in a rush, forgot to mention that I don't have any other device connected to the TPLink plugin.

Comment

I will have a debug version with more logging this afternoon or early evening.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by The_crow View Post
                    Adding the content of the HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.exe.config. Hope it helps.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                    <configuration>
                    <runtime>
                    </assemblyBinding>
                    </runtime>
                    </startup>
                    </configuration>
                    :1...skipping...
                    <?xml version="1.0"?>
                    <configuration>
                    <runtime>
                    </assemblyBinding>
                    </runtime>
                    </startup>
                    </configuration>

Thanks
                    Is this a accidental double paste or is everything really repeated in the xml?
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Please download the 19_9_27_1 version from the beta post and copy the .exe to your Homeseer directory.
                      I've added logging and a possible solution to what I suspect might be a problem.
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Yes, i accidentally did a double paste of the config file. Sorry!

This is what i have done:

Stopped the TPLink plugin
                        Downloaded HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome_19_9_27_1.zip, extracted the files (downloaded from https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-beta-versions).
                        Uploaded the files to my HS3 SEL /home/homeseer/TPLink_files
                        Made a backup of the .exe file (cp /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.exe /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.exe.BACKUP)
                        replaced the .exe with the 19.9.27.1 version of the file (cp /home/homeseer/TPLink_files/HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.exe /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.exe)
                        Started the TPLink plugin
                        New log output (same as before i think):

Sep-28 8:55:05 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TPLinkSmartHome
                        Sep-28 8:55:05 AM Starting Plug-In TPLinkSmartHome loaded in 4819 milliseconds
                        Sep-28 8:55:05 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): TPLinkSmartHome Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0
                        Sep-28 8:55:05 AM Info Plugin TPLinkSmartHome with instance: has disconnected
                        Sep-28 8:55:03 AM TPLinkSmartHome InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
                        Sep-28 8:55:03 AM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO registered pages ..
                        Sep-28 8:55:01 AM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO start of method..
                        Sep-28 8:55:01 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin TPLinkSmartHome ...
                        Sep-28 8:55:01 AM Info Plugin TPLinkSmartHome has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:48249

Old log output:

Sep-27 6:02:47 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TPLinkSmartHome
                        Sep-27 6:02:47 AM Starting Plug-In TPLinkSmartHome loaded in 3510 milliseconds
                        Sep-27 6:02:47 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): TPLinkSmartHome Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0
                        Sep-27 6:02:47 AM Info Plugin TPLinkSmartHome with instance: has disconnected
                        Sep-27 6:02:44 AM TPLinkSmartHome InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
                        Sep-27 6:02:44 AM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO registered pages ..
                        Sep-27 6:02:44 AM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO start of method..
                        Sep-27 6:02:44 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin TPLinkSmartHome ...
                        Sep-27 6:02:44 AM Info Plugin TPLinkSmartHome has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58079

Thanks

Comment

I've posted a new version with logging almost every other line of the initIO section. It is version 19.9.28.1. If you could, I would like a lot more of the log. Looking at the parts you sent me, it almost looks like the plugin is trying to initialize twice. Maybe that is due to the failure on the first init? Ideally you can give the log with a couple of lines before TPLinkSmartHome gets mentioned.
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Sure. Replaced the .exe file with the new (version 19.9.28.1. Here is the log output:
                            Sep-28 7:15:00 PM Log Info The log database is currently 10.25MB in size.
                            Sep-28 7:15:00 PM Log Maintenance 650 records, selected by date/time, were removed from the log database.
                            Sep-28 7:10:50 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TPLinkSmartHome
                            Sep-28 7:10:50 PM Starting Plug-In TPLinkSmartHome loaded in 4707 milliseconds
                            Sep-28 7:10:50 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): TPLinkSmartHome Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0
                            Sep-28 7:10:50 PM Info Plugin TPLinkSmartHome with instance: has disconnected
                            Sep-28 7:10:47 PM TPLinkSmartHome InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
                            Sep-28 7:10:47 PM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO registered pages ..
                            Sep-28 7:10:47 PM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO gLocalIp = 10.0.0.200
                            Sep-28 7:10:47 PM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO gEXEPath = /usr/local/HomeSeer
                            Sep-28 7:10:47 PM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO gIntializing = False
                            Sep-28 7:10:47 PM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO gIntializing = False
                            Sep-28 7:10:46 PM TPLinkSmartHome ##InitIO start of method..
                            Sep-28 7:10:46 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin TPLinkSmartHome ...
                            Sep-28 7:10:46 PM Info Plugin TPLinkSmartHome has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:38106
                            Sep-28 7:10:24 PM Info Plugin Sonos with instance: has disconnected
                            Sep-28 7:10:24 PM Info Plugin Sonos with instance: RINCON_B8E9375969C601400 has disconnected

Comment

Just to be sure, there is only one copy of the plugin on the Homeseer directory. Meaning, you don't have a backup exe on Homeseer directory.
                              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                              X