KL130(EU) Smartbulb - color not setting correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KL130(EU) Smartbulb - color not setting correct

Please note this is my very first attempt at Homeseer configuration, this plug-in by Jasv my first to configure (great plug-in and thank you!). Therefore please accept my apologies if I haven't configured something correctly rather than thinking a potential issue with the plug-in.

When trying to set a color, some work correctly (eg. green) but others will provide a completely different colour (eg. purple). Testing via Devices - TPLinkSmartHome tab seems to confirm this as follows:
    • select Purple in Color Picker Box fills in ff00ff in the textbox (where I press Apply). When I click Get TPLink Details button the output shows HexColor: #FFBB00 (and of course confirmed by the actual bulb color being an orange)
    Appreciate any thoughts or assistance.

I haven't tried the color update in awhile. There maybe a bug. I will try it later tonight and revert.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Aso,
      Can you download and use the beta version. I did find an issue that I fixed relating to non US devices.
      If you do back up the current version, please put it in a different directory as Homeseer will try to load all .exe files.
      Thanks.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
        Aso,
        Can you download and use the beta version. I did find an issue that I fixed relating to non US devices.
        If you do back up the current version, please put it in a different directory as Homeseer will try to load all .exe files.
        Thanks.
        Not sure if I did this the right way but created a copy of the entire HS3 folder, downloaded beta v19.9.20.3, unzipped, disabled TPLinkSmartHome plugin, copied the .exe and .config files to HS3 folder and the 2x .dll's to the BIN folder, shutdown/restarted HS3, enabled the plugin. This plug-in now displays as version 19.9.20.3.

In my Device List page I now see Device Name: "TPLinkSmartHome Config" (this entry was automatically created when I first did a scan via "Use Kasa to get TPLink Devices" button) as Offline and in red - perhaps this is correct and as expected, can't remember what was displayed before I updated the plugin, but definitely wasn't in red. Again, I'm assuming I'm configuring Homeseer in the correct manner (ie. under Device Management I have 4 rows, 1x KL130(EU), 2x HS100, and 1 row that has the name TPLinkSmartHomeConfig).

I tried the colors and still the same (ie. not setting all colors correct).

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I tried it multiple times with mine and it worked correctly. Can you go into device's TPLinkSmartHome Tab and do a "Get TPLink" details and post the info?
          Thanks.
          Attached Files
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Please see below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	85
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	1331123

Comment

Just to be clear
              1. The current color of the bulb is in the bulb's firmware
              2. When you select the color from the picker it only updates the text box to show you what you have selected
              3. It is only when you press "apply" that the color is sent to the bulb and saved in the firmware.
              In your original post you mentioned "where I press apply" and didn't mentioned that you did press apply.
              Can you press apply and then click on the "Get TPLink Details" button and send me that information?

James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Actually,
                After more testing, I am seeing what you are seeing. It isn't consistent but it seems there are conditions where the wrong color gets sent to the bulb.
                I am guessing you already had hit apply before the get details.
                I will digin and hopfully send you updated version sometime today/tomorrow.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Yes, I did hit apply before the get details. Also, as you not it's not consistent - green and red seem ok (or perhaps it's certain shades of these), purple and others are just incorrect,

I understand this is something you do in your spare time so a big thank you for taking the time to investigate when you can. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Comment

Please try 19_10_07_01 beta version. I fixed the color setting issue as best as I can tell. Let me know if you find otherwise.
                    Thanks for bringing it up.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                    X