Reported Amps is not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Amps is not correct

I noticed that volts and watts report to HomeSeer correctly meaning those values align with what the Kasa iphone app reports. However, the amps value can't be right because if volts and amps are multiplied together the resulting watts value is way higher than the accurately reported watts value.

Also... the reported unitless value doesn't seem to align with any value shown in the Kasa app. I assume this unitless value is total energy or kWH?
    Over what period of time is this the total energy, 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days?
    Why not add "kWH" to the units display in HS?

Originally posted by allenc3 View Post
    I noticed that volts and watts report to HomeSeer correctly meaning those values align with what the Kasa iphone app reports. However, the amps value can't be right because if volts and amps are multiplied together the resulting watts value is way higher than the accurately reported watts value.
    Also... the reported unitless value doesn't seem to align with any value shown in the Kasa app. I assume this unitless value is total energy or kWH?
    Over what period of time is this the total energy, 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days?
    Why not add "kWH" to the units display in HS?
    It seems that I went through some of this discussion early when the plugin was originally introduced and either it "broke" or there was a reason for it.I will take a look after the Holidays. Most likely it will be after Dec 9th as I am buried with some work stuff.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
    X