Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for TP-Link Tapo P100?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the plug-in is likely to support the (newer, more budget) Tapo P100 units? They’re a little cheaper and more compact than the Kasa units, but do use a different app and, I’m guessing, a modified syntax.

Thanks!

R.

Originally posted by rahaaas View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if the plug-in is likely to support the (newer, more budget) Tapo P100 units? They’re a little cheaper and more compact than the Kasa units, but do use a different app and, I’m guessing, a modified syntax.

Thanks!

R.
    I am not familiar with them. If they use a different app, they they likely won't work. The plugin doesn't care about the model number or name and it interrogates the device for it's capabilities. I will take a look later this week and see if there is an easy way to support them.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I've tried them, and they don’t seem to be picked up by any of the current methods. That would be great - thanks! R.

Comment

I have bought one of each make Kasa KP50 and Tapo L510E. The Kasa version added to the plug-in and Homeseer using the Kasa app. The Tapo one is not seen by Kasa or the plug-in. It can be seen via the Tapo app which adds an ip address and can be seen in my router. I can control it via the Tapo app.
        Error in logs
        Posting back to plugin web page TPLinkSetup: Could not resolve host 'not in network'-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in :0
        Have ordered a Kasa KL110 and will update.
        The plug-in has opened many new options in Homeseer.
        Cheers
        Jo

UPDATE: Tapo has no IFTTT.

Do like that software in bulb can be updated via app.

Comment

You are correct in that the plugin will only see what Kasa will see. The plugin will only work with TP-Link wifi models.
          Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Any chance you can provide a screenshot?
          Plenty of people are using the KL110 so that should work out fine. I don't see a KP50 anywhere so I am not sure what you meant by that model.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

The KL50 looks like an old style filament bulb and works fine.

I contacted TP-Link support and this is their reply:

The Kasa KL50 and Tapo L510E are two different products. The Kasa KL50 is controlled by kasa APP and the Tapo L510E is controlled by Tapo APP.
            Sorry to tell you that the kasa device and tapo APP are not compatible with each other, and the tapo device and kasa APP are not compatible with each other
            You may refer to the link below to know the detailed information of your devices.
            https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-netw...kl50/#overview
            https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-netw...lb/tapo-l510e/

Hope that helps.

Cheers Jo

Comment

Thanks for the links. It makes sense now.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Installed second Kasa KL110 bulb with ease.

These Kasa bulbs may be dearer but are well packaged and include a Screw E27 to Bayonet B22 adaptor.

The B22 (bayonet) is mainly used in the UK and the E27 (screw) in the rest of Western Europe. Not sure if the E stands for Europe or Edison as I have no experience of the US.

Perfect

Jo

Comment

Working...
                X