Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

TP-Link plugin high CPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP-Link plugin high CPU usage

Several times my Win10 system has gotten real sluggish. So slow that I had to reboot to resolve. A few times I have been able to look at task manager and could tell it was the TP-Link plugin but then had to reboot. Today I caught it happening. First I saw an error in the HS3 log. Snip below. Then looked at task manager and the plugin was using lots of CPU. Did a snip on a few of the details. Then, stopped the plugin and restarted. All is normal. The only thing out of the ordinary was the satellite internet went out shortly before. Lots of snow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tplink status 3.png Views:	0 Size:	4.3 KB ID:	1354531

Click image for larger version

Name:	tplink status 2.png
Views:	48
Size:	539.2 KB
ID:	1354534

I've taken a look at the code and don't see anything obvious but based on your input, it is likely the plugin. I will spend more time on it.
    thanks .
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks. Let me know if there is anything more in terms of info I can provide. The frequency is unpredictable. Might be a while before it occurs again. Very willing to run debug code if that would help.

My guess is that is has to do with communicating with the tp-link host and handling of errors/recovery when it fails.

Comment

The plugin is again using a lot of CPU and memory. I can leave it in this state for a while in case you want to try debug. Let me know. I'll let it sit until it beings to cause problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tplink PI high CPU 1.png
Views:	28
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	1357696

Comment

Working...
        X