Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4?

Anybody using this with HS4Beta?

The HS4 version of this plugin is not done. I am buried with other things so I am guessing it will be May/June before it is done. If it is urgent for anyone, I can try to speed it up.
    In the meantime, I did a very limited test it with the HS3 version and it worked.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Well if you need someone to test I would be more than happy. I moved over to HS4 and just found the tp-link led strips nice and would like to put them in use.

Comment

I have been using the plugin on HS4 for a month now and had no issues. But i only have 4 lights.

Comment

Thanks for that feedback. I am sure the issue has to do with a nuance for the LED lights. I may just have to buy one to figure out what is going on. It is a valid reason (excuse) in my mind.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

lol. They are cheap. I tried the led strip with the node.js and it crashes as well. If you need remote access I can provide you remote access.

Comment

The issues I had on HS4 are the same as HS3 so its definitely the led strip

Comment

Don't know if this will help but here is the output from tplight what I do a details.

{
                "sw_ver": "1.0.7 Build 191120 Rel.201531",
                "hw_ver": "1.0",
                "model": "KL430(US)",
                "deviceId": "80129903AA6C9E50B210473B42C99E681BF31589",
                "oemId": "1A3F21A5B9AE0ED6C80ED1A107885DB2",
                "hwId": "375D4CCE7C909516CFD57BA93A304404",
                "rssi": -59,
                "longitude_i": -890409,
                "latitude_i": 422526,
                "alias": "Test",
                "status": "new",
                "description": "Kasa Smart Light Strip, Multicolor",
                "mic_type": "IOT.SMARTBULB",
                "mic_mac": "50D4F788D5A0",
                "dev_state": "normal",
                "is_factory": false,
                "disco_ver": "1.0",
                "ctrl_protocols": {
                "name": "Linkie",
                "version": "1.0"
                },
                "active_mode": "none",
                "is_dimmable": 1,
                "is_color": 1,
                "is_variable_color_temp": 1,
                "length": 16,
                "light_state": {
                "on_off": 0,
                "dft_on_state": {
                "mode": "normal",
                "hue": 0,
                "saturation": 0,
                "color_temp": 3500,
                "brightness": 100
                }
                },
                "lighting_effect_state": {
                "enable": 1,
                "name": "Bubbling Cauldron",
                "custom": 0,
                "id": "tIwTRQBqJpeNKbrtBMFCgkdPTbAQGfRP",
                "brightness": 100
                },
                "preferred_state": [],
                "err_code": 0
                }

Comment

Yes. This helps a lot. I will take a look at the code again on Thursday.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Any luck with this?

Comment

I work technology in the grocery business and we have been slammed with keeping up. No free time and little sleep so I can't predict when I can take a look.
                      I would guess it will Mon or Tue before things settle down for me.
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Ouch. Sorry for your pain. I work Tech as well. We have the opposite going on. Every is working from home. No worries man was just checking in.

Comment

The plugin is working fine in HS4 with a few restarts here and there and it recovers fine without intervention. The BIG problem I'm having is at startup of the TP plugin. When I restart HS4 a lot of my other plugins hang up starting and I have to manually shut them down and restart them to get them running. If I shut down the TP before I shutdown HS4 and then restart HS4 let the other plugins start which doesn't take anytime for them to start at all then start the TP plugin everything is good. It does take a couple of minutes for the TP plugin to start after the log says it initialized but I'm guessing that it's starting it's polling and I have 47 devices running on the plugin go I'm guessing it's that.

So...is there anyway to either delay the plugin startup or delay the initial status polling? Is it possible to poll devices separately? Since I'm not using any bulbs just switches I don't care if most of the polling is farther out than 2 minutes.

Anyway thanks for the great plugin and like is said it works well and I can live with the start up problem so any help is appreciated.

Comment

I am working on an HS4 version and so far
                            1. It loads much faster
                            2. Polling is done every 20 seconds for all devices an so far it is not a performance bottleneck.
                            3. I am hoping to log the energy info into the HS4 energy tables. I haven't found any docs on how, so if you know where they are, please advice. I think someone already let me know but I haven't found the post yet.

I think I will be ready for beta testers mid-May depending on how things go at work.
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Nice! I will be over here impatiently waiting. Will this add support for the LED Strip as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X