KL430(US Device Unknown and can't controll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KL430(US Device Unknown and can't controll

Went back to HS3 so I could use the KL430(US) with this plugin. Comes back as device unknown and unable to control?

The plugin interrogates the devices for its capabilities. When you say device unknown, is that at the discover step? Are you able to control it via Kaza? Is it in the same network/subnet as the HS3 computer?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

It did finally discover the light and does show it as a light and yes same subnet and able to control it with Kaza but no response from the plugin. If I try to do just a normal discover it says no TP Link ddeevices found but if I put the ip address in or use Kaza it findsp it and adds it just can't do anything with it.

Comment

Where you able to create a device? And does the device config show a TPSmartHome tab? If it does can you do the Get Device Details?
        If so, can you capture a screen shot for me?
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

It did create a device but no TPSmartHome tab under that device

Comment

If you select the status menu does it show up there? And if you expand the "TPlink Models" on the same page is it there?
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Yes

Comment

now getting an error.
                Mar-05 6:40:53 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin TPLinkSmartHome, Instance :Protocol error tplink unknown ({"smartlife.iot.smartbulb.lightingservice":{"err_code":-1,"err_msg":"module not support"}})

Comment

Both posts help and explain some things. I will need to dig into the code some to figure things out.
                  I will need to wait until the weekend to really focus on it. I will keep you posted.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Did you ever get the KL430 working Troy? I have the same error
                      Malcolm

Comment

I used a python script to communicate to it

Comment

Initially I only want to switch it on in the last used state (color and brightness level) and then off
                          Malcolm

Comment

I'm using the python to only switch it on and off no color changing.

Comment

I don't suppose this was ever fixed in the plug-in? I just got a KL400L5(US) and it has the exact same symptoms: had to add via IP address (which is reserved in DHCP), visible in TPLinkSmartHome Status but no TPLink tab in the device, and the same "module not support" error in the log. Only an On/Off control in the device and device doesn't not respond to it, but the control thinks reports no errors.

Comment

Working...
                              X