Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent Power Off Reported

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Intermittent Power Off Reported

    Hi

    I have a Power Strip model KP303(AU). It is working fine turning on and off my pool filter system according to a schedule.

    I have a Push notification triggered every time it turns on and off.

    I'm seeing that occasionally I get a notification the pool system has turned off when it should still be on. Two minutes later (after poll), I get another message it has turned on again.

    When I check the device immediately following the notification, it is actually on and appears to have never to have turned off.

    I thought this could have just been the power strip device. I setup the same notification trigger on a KP110 model and I'm having the same issue. I'm guessing something is causing an incorrect report of the power state which is then corrected on the next poll.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks

    #2
    I can't think of anything from my testing seems familiar with this issue. If the polling determines that the HS device and the corresponding TPLink device are not the same it will update the HS device with the "trigger events" flag turn on so that Homeseer will react. So it does seem that the plugin could be creating this issue. When the HS device goes off, is there anything in the logs indicating that it was turned off by the plugin?
    James

    Running HS 3 on Win10 .

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by jasv View Post
      I can't think of anything from my testing seems familiar with this issue. If the polling determines that the HS device and the corresponding TPLink device are not the same it will update the HS device with the "trigger events" flag turn on so that Homeseer will react. So it does seem that the plugin could be creating this issue. When the HS device goes off, is there anything in the logs indicating that it was turned off by the plugin?
      Thanks Jasv.

      I can confirm that there is nothing in the logs apart from the event trigger entry when the device is manually turned on and off. I get a log entry only when I turn the device on/off from HS. The "Do not log commands from this device" is unchecked.

      Comment


        #4
        After some more testing I can confirm this issue occurs intermittently on all my tp-link devices. The device is definitely not turning off as my pc which is plugged in to remains on. Is there some debugging I can turn on to trap the error? It is an issue as the false off/on triggers other HS events. I’m wondering if it specific to my setup?

        Comment


          #5
          I am buried until Thursday. I can take a look and provide you with a debugging version after that. If I don't reach out, feel free to remind me.
          James

          Running HS 3 on Win10 .

          Comment


            #6
            Hi... just following up

            Comment


              #7
              jasv any progress with debug version?

              Comment


                #8
                jasv Is there a suggestion to what I may be able to debug? The intermittent off on is triggering events and it’s quite annoying. Any help or direction is much appreciated. Thanks

                Comment


                  #9
                  Wild thought....

                  Are these set up vis DHCP reservation? If so, the lease time may be playing games with you.
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

                  Enabled Plug-Ins:
                  2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                    Wild thought....

                    Are these set up vis DHCP reservation? If so, the lease time may be playing games with you.
                    I have set fixed IP addresses. Is there a way of checking if that’s the cause?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I would suggest the router log, but if they are static then I suspect that won't be the cause.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

                      Enabled Plug-Ins:
                      2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

                      Comment


                        #12
                        jasv I've turned on debugging and found something odd. It seems a false "Off" is being detected. The name of the device doesn't appear in log entry when this happens. When polled 2 minutes later, everything is corrected and device name appears:

                        11/12/2020 2:11:30 PM:timer_poll: - HS value:100 tp-device: False
                        11/12/2020 2:13:46 PM:timer_poll:Glenfiddich Power - HS value:0 tp-device: True

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by santoal View Post
                          jasv I've turned on debugging and found something odd. It seems a false "Off" is being detected. The name of the device doesn't appear in log entry when this happens. When polled 2 minutes later, everything is corrected and device name appears:

                          11/12/2020 2:11:30 PM:timer_poll: - HS value:100 tp-device: False
                          11/12/2020 2:13:46 PM:timer_poll:Glenfiddich Power - HS value:0 tp-device: True
                          I've been focused on the hs4 version but I will need to look at that in both version. I have a "non-negotiable" deadline for 12/21 but I can take a look after that.
                          James

                          Running HS 3 on Win10 .

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Thanks. The false readings trigger events which I’ve had to disable for the time being. I appreciate you taking a look after your deadline work.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X