This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 TPLinkSmartHome4

This is an Alpha version of the plug in . Please unzip to your HS4 folder.
    The unzip should create the following sub folders
    \Bin\TPLinkSmartHome
    \html\HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome4

Again, this is an alpha version but it might be useful to some who are having trouble with the HS3 version.

The HS4 plugin is now available via the updater.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Thanks for the work on this -- I wanted to make sure I installed this properly. When I go to the status page it shows:
    TPLinkSmartHome Plugin version 19.10.07.1

My process was 1) shutdown the plugin, 2) copy the files over the HS3 ones, and 3) restart the plugin.

I did not shut down HS4, so let me know if I needed to do that. So far everything seems to be the same with this plugin, and I wasn't really having any issues with the HS3 plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
      Thanks for the work on this -- I wanted to make sure I installed this properly. When I go to the status page it shows:
      TPLinkSmartHome Plugin version 19.10.07.1

My process was 1) shutdown the plugin, 2) copy the files over the HS3 ones, and 3) restart the plugin.

I did not shut down HS4, so let me know if I needed to do that. So far everything seems to be the same with this plugin, and I wasn't really having any issues with the HS3 plugin.
      Everything should not be the same. The new plugin has a different setup/discover mode and it should say 4 on the name. Also, I did not did not do anything to convert the HS3 plugin devices to the HS4 plugin and because of that your existing devices would not work.

I am thinking that the HS3 plugin is still running since it looks like everything is the same.

Although I don't know of any issues yet with the plugin, there is clean up to do. Because of that, I would stick with the HS3 plugin until things have been stabalized. I posted this mostly to help anyone whose plugin is crashing.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Hi, ok, thanks for the feedback. Obviously for some reason it's still running the old version. I'll just leave things as they are for now since I just started with your plugin (literally got my first TP Link devices on Saturday, 2 days ago).

Thanks!

Comment

It's missing all the html files

Comment

More than happy to test the HS4 version when ready.

Comment

Missing the HTML Files to add a device

Comment

I will post a new update with the HTML files today/tonight.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Hi. I am using the latest version and upon installation, I logged in and the plug in discovered all my devices, I clicked add to homeseer, but one did not showed me the connected to homeseer. So I clicked on it three times. Now I have 4 instances of the same device. How can I delete the excess ones? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alcaloide View Post
                    Hi. I am using the latest version and upon installation, I logged in and the plug in discovered all my devices, I clicked add to homeseer, but one did not showed me the connected to homeseer. So I clicked on it three times. Now I have 4 instances of the same device. How can I delete the excess ones? Thanks
                    I recommend that you use the HomeSeer interface to delete them all and then do a discover again and add it back. I do have a bug where the last one in the matrix of devices doesn't show the green check mark even though the device was added.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post

I recommend that you use the HomeSeer interface to delete them all and then do a discover again and add it back. I do have a bug where the last one in the matrix of devices doesn't show the green check mark even though the device was added.
                      Noobie question... but how do I delete them? I looked "everywhere"... Not probably where it is... Please advise

Comment

Originally posted by Alcaloide View Post

Noobie question... but how do I delete them? I looked "everywhere"... Not probably where it is... Please advise
                        Use the homeseer interface. Select the control device from the list of devices and look for and click the red delete button.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post

Use the homeseer interface. Select the control device from the list of devices and look for and click the red delete button.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Hi I'm having an issue and am looking for help. This functionality was working but now has stopped:
                            • I have Kasa smart switches that are seen by the plugin.
                            • If I go to "Manage TPLink Plugin" and power each switch on/off there, it works successfully in HS4.
                            • If I attempt to do the same thing from the main device list, or trigger the function via an event, the switches do not work.
                            • Applies to all switches the same.

​As I said this was working fine (mostly working off events) up to maybe a few weeks or a month ago.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by bocci View Post
                              Hi I'm having an issue and am looking for help. This functionality was working but now has stopped:
                              • I have Kasa smart switches that are seen by the plugin.
                              • If I go to "Manage TPLink Plugin" and power each switch on/off there, it works successfully in HS4.
                              • If I attempt to do the same thing from the main device list, or trigger the function via an event, the switches do not work.
                              • Applies to all switches the same.

​As I said this was working fine (mostly working off events) up to maybe a few weeks or a month ago.

Any help would be appreciated!
                              I had similar issues, after working well for many, many months. I went through the setup process (registration) and stopped, started the plugin. Presently, it is working again.
                              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                              X