Support for HS220 wall dimmer switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for HS220 wall dimmer switch

Hi, I was wondering if there were any plans to support this wall dimmer switch via the plugin? I have two options under actions: smartplug and smartbulb. This device shows up under smartplug.

Here's what I have for actions for the switch (no dimming):

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-03_12h55_17.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1408238

Here's the debug info for it if that's helpful:

outlets : System.Collections.Generic.List`1[HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.Devices.TPLinkSmartPlug+child_outlet]
    monthStat : GetPropValue(monthStat) not valid/found
    dayStat : GetPropValue(dayStat) not valid/found
    current : -1
    voltage : -1
    power : -1
    total : -1
    PoweredOn : False
    LedOn : False
    PoweredOnSince : 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
    Features : TIM
    NumberOfChildOutlets : 0
    CurrentOutlet : 00
    OnlineStatusChanged : False
    isOnline : True
    IsOn : False
    Hostname : 10.245.10.12
    Port : 9999
    MessageCache : HSPI_TPLinkSmartHome.Messaging.TimeGatedMessageCache
    SoftwareVersion : 1.5.5 Build 180717 Rel.155202
    HardwareVersion : 1.0
    Type : IOT.SMARTPLUGSWITCH
    Model : HS220(US)
    DevName : Smart Wi-Fi Dimmer
    Alias : Backyard cafe lights dimmer
    CurrentTime : 8/3/2020 12:52:13 PM
    Failure to Connect Count : 0

It's only $20 on amazon so it's a good deal for a wall dimmer if it works out. Thanks!

Name:	2020-08-03_12h57_08.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1408239

The plugin takes the capabilities from interrogating the device. Does the "on/off" work? I do have a dimmer and I will take a look and see if there is more info I need.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Actually this might be a clue -- when I added the device via the "broadcast discover TPLink devices" button it only had on/off capabilities. Under the status/graphics page I manually added the one range called "_Dim", as seen here.

Maybe that was part of the culprit? Ignore the "offline" as I didn't fully install it yet until I sort out the dimming.

Name:	2020-08-04_08h53_28.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1408425

Comment

Hi, have you had a chance to try out your dimmer?

Comment

I have just added the plugin. All devices show up as on/off only despite being dimmable when controlled directly from Kasa. Did I miss something in the setup?

If I go into the TPLinkSmartHome tab and hit the button to get details, I see that the parameter IsDimmable : True is set as expected. But the device does not show a slider or other means to dim the bulbs.

Maybe this is related to the issue the OP is discussing?

Comment

I am glad I searched for the forum for the HS220. I was about to buy a dozen for a new house, but if the plugin doesnt support them I will look elsewhere. Is there any update on the fix?

Comment

TPLink changed their protocol with the HS220 and I couldn't figure out the encryption. At the time there wasn't anyone with a solution but I have seen a lot of discussion on it lately. I will try to take a look in the few days if but it may take longer.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have a couple hs220 and several hs200. The hs200 all appear as type smartplug. The hs220 appear as type unknown. All of them have just on/off buttons. None of them work via Homeseer. I am able to control them with Alexa. Disappointing.

Comment

I did some more experimenting. Disabled and re-enabled the plugin and now the HS200s will turn on/off in homeseer. The HS220s still don't work.

Comment

I guess I'll give up on the HS220 dimmer functions and swap them out for zigbee alternatives since it looks like this won't work.

Thanks for looking into it anyway!

Comment

I haven't had much time because of work/school and my workload won't be better until Mid dec. It is possible that someone has figured out the new protrocol by now but I won't be able to take a look until then. Sorry it didn't work out.
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                      X