No announcement yet.

Support for HS220 wall dimmer switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. For what it is worth: I picked up a TP-LINK HS220. I am running Homeseer HS3. I was able to add the TP-LINK HS220 to Homeseer, and I can turn the HS220 ON/OFF. There is, however, no dimmer control on HS3, just On/Off. I would call that a success! Yes, dimming would be nice, but control does work from HS3. HS3 also appears to be able to read the status of the dimmer, and returns on when ON, and off when off.

James, do you have any interest in taking this further? (understand, I am not complaining, the partial success is great!) Do I need to do a TCP/IP capture or something that could help? Please let me know. Thankx
    Product: TP-Link Smart Devices
    Author: jasv
    Version: 19.10.7.1
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS

I will run a few more tests, and report back here if I encounter any problems. Regards

Comment

• I actually received my HS220 from Amazon today. I've added it and have the same experience on the HS4 version of the plugin. ON/OFF work but manual changes do not get reflected back and the plugin doesn't have the UI to dim. I should make some progress over the weekend. I am not sure that I will go back update the HS3 plugin but if the effort isn't large, I might. I will let you know more in the next few days. Please do keep me posted with anything else you find.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I just tested two events that looks to sense the status of the TP switch and act on it, both in the On-Off transition and the Off-On transition. That works. It did take two minutes to trigger the event. I see that the TP Plugin polls every two minutes so that makes sense. is there a way to reduce the poll interval? James is the HS3 plug-in open source? Any thoughts on that if you are not likely to support it going forward?

Comment

Originally posted by telarc View Post
          looks like the HS4 version supports HS220?
          The latest beta HS4 version of the TPLink Plugin now supports the HS220
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by telarc View Post
            I just tested two events that looks to sense the status of the TP switch and act on it, both in the On-Off transition and the Off-On transition. That works. It did take two minutes to trigger the event. I see that the TP Plugin polls every two minutes so that makes sense. is there a way to reduce the poll interval? James is the HS3 plug-in open source? Any thoughts on that if you are not likely to support it going forward?
            The HS4 version is much faster with polling. I am not looking to make the hs3 version open-source.
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
            X