Support for HS220 wall dimmer switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasv View Post

My instructions were wrong. The plugin DLL must also be updated/replaced. Please look at the instructions again (I've updated them)
    I've updated the DLL. Nothing changed and when I enable the plugin it immediately throws those same two errors.

One more thing: I removed one of the bulbs from HS4 entirely then added it back via the plugin discovery method. It found the bulb immediately but as before, the plugin tab data showed IsDimmable:false even though the "manage devices page" details showed IsDimmable:1. As before, I disabled the plugin, edited the INI file to "true", restarted the plugin, and no change.

Comment

bummer.

The fact that the error got thrown again tells me that either I posted the wrong DLL or the DLL didn't' get downloaded properly. Those messages are no longer in the code.

I get my KL110 today. I will test and see why this device is different.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by MrPCHead View Post

I've updated the DLL. Nothing changed and when I enable the plugin it immediately throws those same two errors.
        I got my KL110 and tested. I've put in version 2021.3.14.0 in the beta section. I added the "versions" in the settings so we can make sure we are running the right code.
        I did see the same error you pointed out and could not figure it out so I cannot tell you 100% that it is fixed. However, I tested different ways to add, turn off dimming, etc and it works each and every time. It is a "reach" but sometimes DLLs get loaded into memory and you might have to restart HS or even your computer. The settings page will tell you for sure. Please update both the .exe and the .dll..

Click image for larger version

Name:	tplink_dll.png
Views:	84
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1463243
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post

I got my KL110 and tested. I've put in version 2021.3.14.0 in the beta section. I added the "versions" in the settings so we can make sure we are running the right code.
          I did see the same error you pointed out and could not figure it out so I cannot tell you 100% that it is fixed. However, I tested different ways to add, turn off dimming, etc and it works each and every time. It is a "reach" but sometimes DLLs get loaded into memory and you might have to restart HS or even your computer. The settings page will tell you for sure. Please update both the .exe and the .dll..

Click image for larger version

Name:	tplink_dll.png
Views:	84
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1463243
          Success! I swapped in the EXE and DLL, restarted the plugin and no change. I ultimately had to remove/re-add the two bulbs and now they are fully functional as dimmable devices! I added them back to the relevant events and everything is working as expected.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Bummer that you had to remove/re-add. The plug in should have recognized the difference in about 5 minutes. Glad it is working now. Thanks for the update.
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
            X