No IP assigned to the bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No IP assigned to the bulb?

HI all. I can't seem to get the PI to find the bulb cause the bulb does not draw an IP address on my network.
    I have a KL130, v2. rev 1.06, I have reinstalled it 4 times with KASA app... it finds it fine on my 2.4Ghz network.
    the app controls the light coloring fine. I was even able to get Alexa to discover it with the TP-Link Kasa App.
    But HS won't find it. and I can't do a search by IP my network scan doesn't show any new devices.
    I can do the add from Kasa account but it still has no IP address.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	302
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1437566

any idea what I did wrong?

well, I have no idea why the bulb does not show up when I do a network scan... I see every other device on my network.
    but I decided to go to my router settings and I was going to assign an address based on the MAC address, and low and behold the bulb is in my list of attached devices.

so I redid a search in the PI using the listed IP and it found it.

I do have multiple SSIDs for certain devices and frequencies, but normally they all show up in the scan. I have the bulb on the same channel as my foscam cameras and they scan just fine. and everything is linked back to my router for DHCP.... as I have a PakEdge WAP connected to the network for my wireless.

and yes, my entire network is on the 192.168.2.xxx
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.PNG Views:	0 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	1437572

edit to add.... should I have gotten more devices than this? it doesn't even show it as dimmable

Name:	Capture6.PNG
Views:	225
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1437578

I'm going to delete everything TPLINK and start over.

Comment

1. Do you have more than one network card on your computer?
      2. Do the IP addresses of your other devices also start with 192.168.2.35?
      3. Doe the find by IP let you add it and use the device?
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
        1. Do you have more than one network card on your computer?
        2. Do the IP addresses of your other devices also start with 192.168.2.35?
        3. Doe the find by IP let you add it and use the device?
        no other networks.... I was installing and configuring bulb from my tablet on the same 2.4Ghz wifi
        my computer I am accessing HS from remotely is also on the 192.168.2.xxx network that the HS is on
        the find by IP did identify it but seemed to be missing features.

I just uninstalled the PI, deleted the devices, assigned an IP to the MAC from my router, reinstalled the PI, and it still did not detect the device until I told it to look at the assigned IP.
        and then it found it but still seems to be missing features, unless I am just not understanding what devices it would make for the multicolor bulb

Comment

When you go to the device itself do you see a TPLinkSmartHome tab? The features are based on what the device advertises. I don't have a KL130 but can you tell me what features you are missing?
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

When you go to the device itself do you see a TPLinkSmartHome tab? The features are based on what the device advertises. I don't have a KL130 but can you tell me what features you are missing?
            well I was thrown off by the device not showing as dimmable, or as a light by default. (No dimmer slider)Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture6.PNG Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	1437587

and then the seeting here threw me off too
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture7.PNG Views:	0 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	1437588

I guess I was expecting more devices to be created for the light's color and settings themselves. like with the HSM-200.

Edit to Add, when I go to events and try to control the device, all I get are on and off. I don't see a way to change the settings from events.
            there is a TP-LINK tab in the device, but how do I access the settings for events to change them?

Comment

I ordered a kl130 that will be here Friday to test. As far as using the tplink devices in an event to change color you have to select the TPLinkBulb action towards the bottom of your actions list (see picture) and then use the color picker and that should allow you to do what you need from an event.

You can also change the color in the TPLinkSmartHome tab if you want to change it manually rather than through an event.

Name:	colorpicker.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1437590
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I ordered a kl130 that will be here Friday to test. As far as using the tplink devices in an event to change color you have to select the TPLinkBulb action towards the bottom of your actions list (see picture) and then use the color picker and that should allow you to do what you need from an event.

You can also change the color in the TPLinkSmartHome tab if you want to change it manually rather than through an event.

Name:	colorpicker.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1437590
                ok... thank you so much for the picture... I now see where the problem is.
                I was going straight to the device itself, and not through the plugin in events.

Name:	Capture8.PNG
Views:	245
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1437592
                This option only gives me the ability to turn it on or off.

I swear I searched everywhere for an explanation to the event programming with TPLINK and could not find anything.

thank you thank you thank you.

You got a PayPal? i'd like to buy you a beer.

Comment

Thanks for the offer on the beer. Instead, you could help test a new beta version? I plan on having an HS4 beta version available next week (new version will still be free). You could help test the HS4 version if you are running HS4?
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                  X