Voice Commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Commands

Just want to check to see if the Voice Commands for the TP-link HS4 plug-in has fully been implemented ?
    I have 4 HS103 plugin device that are working great in HS4 but when I enable voice commands and try to link them in Google Home they will not show up.
    I have other device linked to GH with out issues?
    Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
    Mk

My plugin doesn't do anything special for voice commands. I don't enable the voice check box in my one setup since I have Alexa set up with a Kasa skill. When you say other devices are working with GH, do you mean other HomeSeer devices? Does GH work with the Kasa instead of Homeseer?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Hello

The other devices (Insteon) are linked with in Google Home by using the Homeseer devices not using the Insteon.

Comment

The way mine works is that I have the homeseer skill set up in Alexa and then when I use alexa to turn on a tplink device the polling will catch the change and update homeseer. There is no reason that the tplink plug in devices don't work with GH if you checked on the "voice" checkbox in the device config. The voice to GH connection is all handled by homeseer and cannot be controlled by plugins as far as I know.

I don't know how many devices you have but I do have a pretty good working beta (at least for me) that is built for HS4 that might be worth a try. The plugin is not backwards compatible but you could disable the HS3 version of the plugin, install the beta and create new devices. If it doesn't work for you, you can delete the new devices and re-enable the HS3 plugin.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Sorry for not providing all the info

HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.10.0 running on Windows 10
          TPLinkSmartHome 19.10.7.1
          Chromecast 4.0.17.0

Google Home - Homeseer - 7 Devices

As you mention that you're using Alexa and I'm trying to use GH. I have noticed on the HS forums that there seems that GH does seem to be less reliable as compared to Alexa. So it maybe time to change

Comment

Working...
          X