Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Colors

In case anyone was interested...
    Hi, I was having trouble using the color picker to accurately set the colors of my lights. To fix this, here is what I did.

1. Set color from the LIFX app to what I like
    2. Convert colors using THIS site.
    Then entering the generated RGB hex code and putting that in my event.

Image 1- The color I like. I used the hue of 278 degrees and 100% saturation and 50% brightness ("V" input/ Value) then fed that into the RapidTables website (IMG 4). That generated the correct HEX code of 510080. I don't know how to get the LIFX app to show what the saturation is, so that part you will have to play with.

Image 2 is an example of how it looks... IGNORE the fact that the colors are way off. Just go with what you like, then put that data in RapidTables.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MJackson; February 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM.

If you want to see the saturation, press the share button in the app (top rightcoener of your acreen shot) and choose email or something. It will generate a link with three sets of numbers...first one is hue, Middle one is saturation.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjezza View Post
      If you want to see the saturation, press the share button in the app (top rightcoener of your acreen shot) and choose email or something. It will generate a link with three sets of numbers...first one is hue, Middle one is saturation.
      Awesome, Thanks. I didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
      X