Assigning LIFX Bulb to a HomeSeer Controlled Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning LIFX Bulb to a HomeSeer Controlled Switch

With the latest version of HomeSeer, you can now link a switch like the Insteon 8 Keypad Switch to a LIFX LED bulb. I can turn the LIFX LED bulb on/off and even dim/brighten it by pressing and holding the button on the Insteon switch.

See HomeSeer's tutorial on how to link devices here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajA...ature=youtu.be

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Hey Ultrajones! Wondering if there is a way to use my hs-wd200+ dimmer switch to fade a group of lifx bulb's brightness up and down gradually by holding the switch?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeStallman View Post
      Hey Ultrajones! Wondering if there is a way to use my hs-wd200+ dimmer switch to fade a group of lifx bulb's brightness up and down gradually by holding the switch?
      I use the EasyTrigger plugin to do this.

First I put the LIFX bulb devices from Ultrajones’ plugin into an EasyTrigger group and then create an event using Easytrigger:Set Group of Devices to Expression, like this:

IF [HS-WD200_Dimmer] has a value that just changed

Then Set all Devices in [LIFX_Lights_Group] to Round ($$DVR:[HS-WD200_Dimmer _device_ref_number]: * 101/100, 0)

The *101/100 takes the value of the dimmer which will be 0-99 and rescales it to be 0-100 to match the range of the LIFX devices. That number is then rounded to an integer.

I don’t know if this is the smartest approach, but it has been working nicely for me.

Comment

Thanks mda, this works! Ultrajones Wondering if there is a slightly more elegant solution that would allow the lights to gradually fade up/down as you hold the switch and then hold it at that brightness upon release?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeStallman View Post
          I realize this is a few months old.....

I use a WD200 to control our six backyard LIFX floodlights. I tried every method I could think of or find in the forums with no good results. I realized that there were only three levels that we use. 100% 50% and 25%. The WD200's have 14 Multitap triggers. We use the On triggers to turn on the lights at 100% and change their colors and we use 2 taps off for 50%, 3 taps for 25% and 4 taps for off. Ultra's plug-in lets you control how long it takes to raise and lower the lights so it looks like they are being dimmed vs just set at a percentage,

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
          X