Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be possible to add "Set Brightness" to Set Color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be possible to add "Set Brightness" to Set Color?

UJ,

When I run the Event below, my LIFX Bulbs flash at high intensity, regardless of the previous setting.

I think that if you add the "Set Brightness To:" option under "UltraLighting3: Set Color", my problem would be solved.

Would that be a quick fix? Am I missing something?

Mike.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike_1103; September 9, 2017, 11:49 AM. Reason: Problem Solved: The "V" Parameter in the Color Picker under "UltraLighting3: Set Color" does set the Brightness.

It looks to me that the IF statement is fine, not sure what you are triggering it with.

The "Then Set Devices" can be removed.
    Then using ultralighting set the color, then the brightness, then the set power

They can be set to values like color and brightness before they are turned on and will respond quickly to those settings.

Comment

Thanks.

I removed the "Then Set Devices" part, and then I set:
      1. The Color;
      2. The Brightness;
      3. The Power.

If the lights are OFF before the Event is triggered, it works OK (i.e. I don't have the high intensity flash).

However, if the light are ON before the Event is trigerred, they go to Full Intensity when I set the Color, and then the brightness is set after 1 or 2 seconds.

I think that, if the "Set Color" portion has the ability to set the Brightness (just like with "Set White"), my problem would be solved...

Any thoughts?

Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_1103 View Post
        Thanks.

I removed the "Then Set Devices" part, and then I set:
        1. The Color;
        2. The Brightness;
        3. The Power.

If the lights are OFF before the Event is triggered, it works OK (i.e. I don't have the high intensity flash).

However, if the light are ON before the Event is trigerred, they go to Full Intensity when I set the Color, and then the brightness is set after 1 or 2 seconds.

I think that, if the "Set Color" portion has the ability to set the Brightness (just like with "Set White"), my problem would be solved...

Any thoughts?

Mike.
        You might try this:

Event 1
        If Manually Triggered (or whatever is your trigger)
        andif light is off
        Then set color, brightness, power

Event 2
        If manually triggered
        andIf light is on
        Then set color, brightness

Also you might make a suggestion to the author to add brightness to the color selection.
        Last edited by cowinger; September 8, 2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          You might try this:
          Event 1
          If Manually Triggered (or whatever is your trigger)
          andif light is off
          Then set color, brightness, power

Event 2
          If manually triggered
          andIf light is on
          Then set color, brightness
          This should work, with a 3rd event that runs Event 1 and Event 2 when triggered. Thanks for the cue.

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          Also you might make a suggestion to the author to add brightness to the color selection.
          I thought that's what I did in my first post. Maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread and post in the Sticky instead...!

Thanks again,

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike_1103 View Post
            This should work, with a 3rd event that runs Event 1 and Event 2 when triggered. Thanks for the cue.

I thought that's what I did in my first post. Maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread and post in the Sticky instead...!

Thanks again,

Mike
            Brightness is already being used internally when the color is set. I'll see if adding an option to set the brightness affects the color choice. If it doesn't, then I'll add it to the interface.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The "v" value on the side when picking a color is the brightness....
              Its already there

Comment

Originally posted by bigjezza View Post
                The "v" value on the side when picking a color is the brightness....
                Its already there
                I knew it was in there somewhere... Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  I knew it was in there somewhere... Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
                  Thanks a lot indeed, it now works as expected regardless if the bulds are ON or OFF, and my Events now looks like:
                  1. Set Color (with the "V" parameter set to the desired brightness);
                  2. Set Power to ON.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X