This plug-in is AWESOME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This plug-in is AWESOME!

Got some LIFX Z strips on sale Monday. Flex Friday so I installed them under our kitchen cabinets. Claimed them to LIFX and went to HS3 to add them and set up events. They were already there. Set up three events (each so that no matter what crazy color I set them to, when my wife can have her 3500 degree white when she taps the switch) in about 3 minutes. Boom! Done. Wife kissed me! Most HA adventures I usually get the rolled eyes...

These LIFX lights are great, but if you have several of them and want to do some ad hoc events with a lot of them, this plug-in makes it SO EASY!

I HOPE they (LIFX) open up some of the App-Only effects and themes to developers. They haven't said no.....

Great job, UJ!

I like these but at $10 a foot they are very expensive. I've bought normal LED strips off EBay for a $1 a foot. I do agree this plugin makes using these easier if you are into the multi-color thing.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      I like these but at $10 a foot they are very expensive. I've bought normal LED strips off EBay for a $1 a foot. I do agree this plugin makes using these easier if you are into the multi-color thing.
      They were on sale for about $5.50/foot right before Christmas.... AND, they are MUCH more robust than the $1/ft off eBay. AND you can change the color about every 6" if you want. AND you can make them move like a marquee if you like!

I use the colors to remind me to do things. Right now, the under the cabinet lights in the kitchen turn RED when it is time to check/add water to the tree. Three taps on the kitchenette switch and everything goes back to normal. I just set them up to glow yellow when UPS sends an email that a package has been delivered. They can flash a color all over the house when a specific person calls.... None of it is "needed", but it is pretty helpful. ...and our Christmas tree is enjoying the attention!

Now if I could just figure out a way to remind my son to make his bed and bring down his water glass every day......

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
        They were on sale for about $5.50/foot right before Christmas.... AND, they are MUCH more robust than the $1/ft off eBay. AND you can change the color about every 6" if you want. AND you can make them move like a marquee if you like!

I use the colors to remind me to do things. Right now, the under the cabinet lights in the kitchen turn RED when it is time to check/add water to the tree. Three taps on the kitchenette switch and everything goes back to normal. I just set them up to glow yellow when UPS sends an email that a package has been delivered. They can flash a color all over the house when a specific person calls.... None of it is "needed", but it is pretty helpful. ...and our Christmas tree is enjoying the attention!

Now if I could just figure out a way to remind my son to make his bed and bring down his water glass every day......

Rob
        You intrigued me, it looks some cool stuff you guys are doing. How much the entire thing would cost.

I have huelight, any way that I can integrate it with what you have

Thanks,
        Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          You intrigued me, it looks some cool stuff you guys are doing. How much the entire thing would cost.

I have huelight, any way that I can integrate it with what you have

Thanks,
          Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For the LIFX Z LED strips, I got them on a good sale for $49.99 each for the 3 meter version. The Plugin is $40. I believe it works with all the LIFX products. The LIFX phone app offers even more effects and themes.

Comment

Working...
          X