Lifx Plug-in Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifx Plug-in Error

Seem to be getting these types of errors nearly daily now. If anyone can help, much appreciated. All lifx communication stops until I disable then enable the lifx plug-in.
    Attached Files

What type of LIFX lights are you using?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have 7 lifx colour, 6 lifx z strips and 6 lifx gu10 downlights

The downlights aren't automated yet so they are off most of the time, a couple of the colour bulbs are also mainly offline

Comment

I have not seen anyone else reporting an issue like this. I would need to duplicate in order to figure out how to resolve. Can you tell me anything about your home network? switches, WiFi, number of devices, etc.?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Firstly I will say its strange, never had this issue before and it ran perfectly for 2 weeks then this error started arising.

Recently rebuilt my entire setup, using a raspberry pi 3 running HS3 PRO full linux. Fresh sd card, installed latest stretch image, latest mono version, HS3 version .445, now running zwave plugin 3.0.1.228 after rolling back to .190 to see if this cured the problem (no).

Devices consist of 8 aeotec multisensor 6, all usb wired. I have 9 sensitive strips (battery only) and 2 popp solar sirens (battery).

Direct connection to all multisensors, all good communication, couple of sensitive strips have 1 hops.

I only automate my hallway lights (2 colour 1000 bulbs) and some z strips in the kitchen and shed. All other lights are turned on using standard in wall switch (plan to add zwave switches to keep lifx powered at all times).

Wifi I use two orbi routers/satellite working in mesh to give good wifi coverage, my house is only 2 floors (except loft), 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen. Bit overkill for my house size but I used to think my light automation delays could be down to wifi coverage so was trying to rule that out.

The error seems random, today I reset the plugin and its working fine now. The other day, a reset worked for an hour. The error happened for the first time 2 weeks ago whilst we weren't in the house for the weekend. Homeseer has not crashed but occasionally I saw an error relating to myhs not responding which seems to coincide with when the lifx error occurs although not every time.

I have a fingbox that records when the wifi drops out, there is nothing within the time frames of the errors, last drop out was 6th of july, I get them occasionally for 1min maybe every couple of weeks at very obscure times 2am, 11pm etc not necessarily peak times, just rubbish ISP, switching in September when contract expires.

I ran this exact setup for a year (younger versions of HS3/MONO) with no record of this error, just annoying delays which I've managed to eradicate now, just this error.

Appreciate your help, any more info you need let me know. I might just power cycle the lifx lights to see if one has got caught in a update loop or something.

Comment

Had a power cut the other day and now two of the lifx bulbs wont respond on the app or through homeseer. Since I've turned them off at the switch theres been no errors, so maybe they were on the way out.

Comment

Swapped out the two faulty bulbs with new, still get the same issue.

Can you tell me anything about what the error means so I can try troubleshooting on my end to see if I can find a cause

Comment

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
                Swapped out the two faulty bulbs with new, still get the same issue.

Can you tell me anything about what the error means so I can try troubleshooting on my end to see if I can find a cause
                I have had this before. Try re-establishing them with the app. Going to want to reset each bulb. On/off 3-5 times I think. May have to remove and bring them back in new to the app. Make sure the app and bulb(s) show a connection to the router. Something gets dropped (not sure what) and it looses it's connection to the router and consequently the PI.

Comment

So disconnected power to all lights, disabled/enabled plug-in then restarted rpi3, got the same error. Can rule out the bulbs I think
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm seeing the exact same error on HS3 v368 running on an ubuntu 14.04 Linux with these plugins Ecobee:,EasyTrigger:,Pushover 3P:,Harmony Hub:,UltraGCIR3:,RFXCOM:,Sonos:,JowiHue:,Z-Wave. I have a single Lifx+A19 bulb which is detected in the config page but I get the same error as steaktastic87 and never see the device in the device view. The bulb is working fine via the IOS app.

I'd also add when I look in the Device list I see Lifx+A19 but it is unchecked. checking it just results in it unchecking and no device showing. I do see the base Lifx Root device however. I've tried restarting homeseer and toggling the plugin on/off At this point the plug in is totally unable to manage the bulb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	manageul3.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1238012

Name:	devicelist.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1238013

Name:	devicelist2.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1238014
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mattgam; August 3, 2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I'm having a similar error message with mine. I had a network reset event (new router/AP) and had to reset the LIFX light. Now the plugin won't show anything. I only have 1 strip, but I can't find a way to make the plugin add a new device.

I've tried restarting the plugin, but there's nothing in the documentation about adding LIFX devices,and how to start that. Or I just can't figure it out.

Comment

I still have this error after switching ISP, wanted to rule that out. I was hoping to avoid having to rebuild the whole setup again from ground up but appears this is the only option to try and troubleshoot the error. Thought there might be a explanation as to what the error is referring to by now to help make this process less painful. Lived without automation for months now and its annoying after the time/money invested. Going to give up for good after this attempt. Still can't get my head around why after a year of this plugin working, no hardware changes only update of hs3 and plugin causes it not to work yet no solution from either side. Disappointed.

Comment

Have you reviewed the configuration of your network equipment to confirm you are not blocking UDP broadcast traffic?

Comment

So a brief description of my setup

I have the router supplied to me by my provider, and I have a direct cable connection from that to my main orbi router (setup in access point mode). I also have an orbi satellite upstairs. If your not familiar with orbi its a mesh system I bought to rule out wifi coverage being a cause to the delays I was experiencing (overkill for my house really). I've checked both the router and orbi settings, UDP "should" be allowed. I say "should" as there is no option to block UDP traffic specifically, I'm not that clued up on every setting in my router admin page.

Previously the rpi was directly connected to the main orbi router, when I scanned/optimised nodes the tv screen (in very close proximity) would distort. I know the frequencies are different but it definitely had interference. So when I rebuilt the homeseer system, used stretch lite instead of jessie, up to date MONO etc I plugged rpi into the orbi satellite upstairs. Everything worked great for 2 weeks, then starter with this issue and error (posted at start of thread). I could restart the plug-in and all works fine for a day, then back to the error.

I've recently moved the rpi back down stairs and plugged directly back into the orbi router. I no longer get the error but the bulbs stop responding to events after working for over 24 hours. The log isn't flooded with errors now but on the device page all lifx bulbs show as offline and therefore the events don't run so its not much of a move forward.

If I restart the plug-in say at 17:30, it will work well past that the next day until I go to bed around 23:00. I wake up at 07:30, stopped working again. The only activity worth mentioning on the log between 23:00 - 07:30 is my log file is cleaned 3 times at exactly 01:15, 04:15 and 07:15.

I imagine if UDP was blocked it wouldn't work at all. I can still use the app to directly control the lights so from what I work out this problem of connection is only on the homeseer side, but I'm unsure of how the app differs compared to this plug-in so I'm speculating.

Sorry for the long post

Also meant to ask if setting a fixed/static IP for each bulb would be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by mattgam View Post
                              I'd also add when I look in the Device list I see Lifx+A19 but it is unchecked. checking it just results in it unchecking and no device showing. I do see the base Lifx Root device however.
                              I get this issue as well

Comment

Working...
                              X