Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin and LIFX Unknown

Hello everybody!

I've had the Ultralighting plugin for a while and it has been working well with my one Lifx Z strip. It worked really well, so earlier this fall I bought 4 more bulbs, for some exterior fixtures. I had some connectivity issues with them, but I put a new AP in my garage, and now have rock solid wifi outside.

Anyway, these are the bulbs I bought. They now work really well with the Lifx, and I have no trouble reaching them anywhere in the house.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYF0FB5/

But I still can't get the plugin to let me control them. If I go to the Device screen in Homeseer, it shows them and their status, but I can't actually do anything to them. If I use the LIFX app to turn the bulbs off and on, HS updates the status.

I don't know if it's related or not, but when I go to the config page, it shows my working Z, and 4 "Unknown" bulbs.

Is there a setting I'm missing here? There's not a whole lot of things to set in the config, but is there a simple thing I've overlooking here?

Appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Anybody have these A19 bulbs? I am getting them to auto on/off with the LIFX app, but I'd like to have more control and integrate with my HS events.

Comment

So I realize now that in the event section, I can set the "Power" and "Brightness" for the lights. Not the "Color" or "Waveform." Still can't do anything thru the device section. The z-strip works fine there though.

It seems like the plugin is just not realizing what kind of lights these are. Is there a way to tell it?

Comment

I just purchased the LIFX A19 LED bulb from Amazon and it's working fine. Can you try deleting the device(s) from HomeSeer and let the plug-in re-create the device to see if that helps?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Please also upgrade the UltraLighting3 HSPI to version 3.0.6647.37642.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I upgraded to plugin to the latest version, and deleted the devices from Homeseer.

But it has yet to repopulate the lights? Is there a step I've missed? I didn't think there was anything I had to 'do' to add them.

Comment

***WORKING NOW. See next post***

Still no devices showing up in HS. I could have sworn yesterday that the plugin status screen showed me having 4 A19's (along with my strip). But today, nothing, just the strip. And the strip is offline and not responding. All the lights are showing up and behaving properly in the LIFX native app.

My HS log is riddled with errors for the LIFX stuff.

Feb-13 4:36:11 PM Warning The LIFX bulb at IP address is no longer properly initialized. Flushing 1 commands from the command queue.
              Feb-13 4:36:08 PM Warning The UltraLighting3 plug-in is no longer properly initialized. Flushing 1 commands from the command queue.
              Stuff like that.

Also getting this
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested address is not valid in its context at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP) at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_plugin.InitializeUDPClient()
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested address is not valid in its context at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP) at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_lifx_light.InitializeUDPClient()
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_plugin.CloseUDPClient()
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_lifx_light.CloseUDPClient()
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
              Feb-13 4:55:53 PM 1 Error System.NullReferenceException
              Do i need to remove the LIFX bulbs and redo them thru its app? It'd a little bit of a PITA, but I could try it.

Comment

WELL . . . It is all working now.

I had restarted both HS and the computer last night. And had also restarted the plugin several times this year.

But I disabled the plugin, closed HS, restarted the computer, enabled plugin and it works. Works for color, off/on etc.

I'm happy now. I'll leave my previous post, for some other idiot that has the same troubles as me in the future . . .

Comment

Working...
                X