Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraLighting3 not starting (but shows OK in PI list) - URGENT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dan the LAN man
    replied
    Same here - around March 15, 2019, HS3 lost control of LIFX devices and I noticed the UL3 PI was no longer listed under HS3's "Plug-Ins / Manage" tab. (LIFX App on mobile devices still worked normally.) Followed Red64's lead (disabled UL3 PI, removed UL3 PI, searched for and deleted everything with "UltraLighting3" in the file or folder name). Restarted HS3, then reinstalled UL3 PI and all seems good. Didn't lose LIFX devices and only had to edit one Event due to a missing device. License number was auto-populated.

    Leave a comment:


  • ricky_smarthome
    replied
    How did you reinstall without paying for the plugin again?

    Leave a comment:


  • mloebl
    replied
    Thank you! I had the same problem the last few days and couldn't figure it out either. Removing it and reinstalling worked for me too. Glad to have control of all my bulbs again

    Leave a comment:


  • leerobinson
    replied
    The same solution worked for me. I disabled the Ultralighting3 plugin, deleted the json file posted by tinnov and re-enabled the plugin. Everything is working now. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • mike_1103
    replied
    Originally posted by tinnov View Post
    Yes, I can confirm this. The Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json file got populated with a corrupt entry.

    Delete Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json and disable/enable the plugin and you're all set.
    Worked for me as well.

    Thanks tinnov!

    Leave a comment:


  • Megaman
    replied
    The fix mentioned above also worked for me

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Steaktastic87
    replied
    I woke up to the same issue this morning. I'll try the above solutions posted.

    EDIT: Solution worked for me too.

    Leave a comment:


  • jquincy
    replied
    @Red64,

    Many thanks for finding a solution for this. I followed your steps and everything is back to normal again.

    Leave a comment:


  • jmedemar
    replied
    Originally posted by tinnov View Post
    Yes, I can confirm this. The Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json file got populated with a corrupt entry.

    Delete Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json and disable/enable the plugin and you're all set.
    Had this issue when I woke up this morning. It reminded me how much I love this plugin. The fix quoted above worked for me. Thanks for the help everybody!

    Leave a comment:


  • kingfetty
    replied
    Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    I too have the same problem, attempting the steps outlined in the previous posts to see if it restores the functionality.
    Wiping out all plugin files and reinstalling has fixed the issue.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingfetty
    replied
    I too have the same problem, attempting the steps outlined in the previous posts to see if it restores the functionality.

    Leave a comment:


  • outbackrob
    replied
    I have to add that life would be harder without this plugin. I currently have 29 LIFX bulbs in service with 6 more waiting to be installed. Using the app or Alexa is OK, but being able to automate them through HS is GREAT! THANK YOU, ULTRA!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • outbackrob
    replied
    Finally heard today that the countertop lights (LIFX Zs) don't work. Really? Checked them and they haven't worked since 2/22. Came to this forum page and found the quick fix, deleted the file, disabled then enabled the plugin and Voila! All Central Scene and other events are working. FIXED!! 5 minutes, tops. I love this forum!!

    Leave a comment:


  • slbuck
    replied
    Originally posted by tinnov View Post
    Yes, I can confirm this. The Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json file got populated with a corrupt entry.

    Delete Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json and disable/enable the plugin and you're all set.
    I had the same issue. Thanks for the tip tinnov I did as you suggested and the plugin is back up and running.

    The only issue is that any event that I viewed when the plugin wasn't working which contained a LIFX event lost all the LIFX lights. I had to manually add the correct lights back for each LIFX event where I tried to view the bulbs that were selected.

    Leave a comment:


  • tinnov
    replied
    Yes, I can confirm this. The Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json file got populated with a corrupt entry.

    Delete Data/ultralighting3/LIFX-Products.json and disable/enable the plugin and you're all set.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X