Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bulbs going offline, control removes color when "offline" ver. 3.0.7179.19002

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I've had the same issue for the last couple of years. I'm currently running 3.0.7272.26248.

    I have an event that checks every time a bulb goes offline to see if they are all offline, and if so, to restart the plugin automatically. This used to work, but then HS updated something and now the plugin doesn't restart via the Jon00 script that I had installed. I have to investigate that as a separate issue.

    I have an email sent to me whenever a single bulb in a group goes offline, and when I see all of them go offline, in the email (or notice the lights not turning off), I know to restart the plugin manually.

    Restarting the plugin fixes the issue for a random amount of time.

    In the attached screenshots, I'm using EasyTrigger to define a dynamic group for all my LIFX bulbs. The two lines that have "not" checked are so I don't add a certain group of LIFX bulbs that I'm not controlling via HS.
    Attached Files

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by slbuck View Post
      I've had the same issue for the last couple of years. I'm currently running 3.0.7272.26248.

      I have an event that checks every time a bulb goes offline to see if they are all offline, and if so, to restart the plugin automatically. This used to work, but then HS updated something and now the plugin doesn't restart via the Jon00 script that I had installed. I have to investigate that as a separate issue.

      I have an email sent to me whenever a single bulb in a group goes offline, and when I see all of them go offline, in the email (or notice the lights not turning off), I know to restart the plugin manually.

      Restarting the plugin fixes the issue for a random amount of time.

      In the attached screenshots, I'm using EasyTrigger to define a dynamic group for all my LIFX bulbs. The two lines that have "not" checked are so I don't add a certain group of LIFX bulbs that I'm not controlling via HS.
      I have also been working on this issue for several years with no resolution. Every "fix" I tried didn't work. It appears the bulbs stop responding to status updates after a day or two, but still respond to commands. It turns out that LIFX updated the firmware on their LFIX Mini bulbs to resolve this issue. Their tech support said the same fix should be rolling out to the other bulbs, but it's been over 6 months with no firmware updates. Can you also reach out to LIFX and ask if there is a planned fix for the older bulbs?

      Note: All 10 fo my LFIX mini bulbs I have are "Online". All others are offline after about 1-2 days but still respond to commands.

      Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

        It appears the bulbs stop responding to status updates after a day or two, but still respond to commands. It turns out that LIFX updated the firmware on their LFIX Mini bulbs to resolve this issue. Their tech support said the same fix should be rolling out to the other bulbs, but it's been over 6 months with no firmware updates.
        If the bulbs stop responding to status updates, how does restarting the plugin fix this issue? I have no doubt the bulbs are probably to blame considering how poorly the bulbs perform on wi-fi, but I'm just not sure how restarting the plugin makes the bulbs start responding to status upates.

        Comment


          #19
          My bulbs repeatedly report as offline in HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 - I'm running 3.0.7272.26248, behind an RT-AC68U router. Otherwise work just fine - but it screws up all my event programming.

          Perhaps a custom method to check for current/online state would be more consistent, eg. changing a known value by a miniscule amount to check state?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by alystair View Post
            My bulbs repeatedly report as offline in HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 - I'm running 3.0.7272.26248, behind an RT-AC68U router. Otherwise work just fine - but it screws up all my event programming.

            Perhaps a custom method to check for current/online state would be more consistent, eg. changing a known value by a miniscule amount to check state?
            That's the issue. The bulbs appear to no longer return a response to the status query for anything other than the LIFX Mini bulbs.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

            Comment


              #21
              This is the response I received from LFIX regarding this issue:


              Elliott (LIFX)
              Mar 9, 17:58 PDT
              Hi,

              Our firmware team has advised that in the upcoming firmware updates for previous generation products, these fixes will be included,

              thanks for your patience while we work on this,

              Regards,
              Elliott
              Customer Success Technician

              Ultrajones

              Mar 8, 09:46 PDT

              The resolution of the issue my program was experiencing wasn’t resolved until this firmware:


              Update 8 January 2020

              Generation 4 LIFX Mini Color, Mini Day & Dusk, Mini White and GU10 products (v3.60)

              I am guessing it’s related to the fixes here:

              · HomeKit reliability improvement

              · Improved Samsung SmartThings/Google Home support



              Can you tell me if these fixes will be applied to the older LIFX bulbs?
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

              Comment

              Working...
              X