Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bulbs going offline, control removes color when "offline" ver. 3.0.7179.19002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All bulbs going offline, control removes color when "offline" ver. 3.0.7179.19002

Ultrajones

All of my 25 LIFX bulbs keep changing to Offline status every few days even though they are online in the LIFX iPhone app.

When they are in this Offline state the plugin can still control them, but it does not update to show their status. Also, if they are set to a color when the plugin controls in this "Offline" state it switches them back to their white color (which is making my daughter very sad because it messes up our Halloween lighting display every night

Restarting the plugin returns all the bulbs their correct on/off status for a few days, but they all go offline again within a few days, most showing a last update around the same time.

I wonder if the plugin is encountering some error and marking the devices Offline, then does not keep checking to see if they are back online for some reason? Attached is a debug file after restarting the plugin that does not look like it is useful, sorry. I will leave debug logging on and send you another file when the bulbs go offline again.

Hoping you can help me solve this mystery.

Thanks!

-mda

System info:

Current Date/Time: 10/19/2019 2:06:12 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 39 Days 4 Hours 19 Minutes 48 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.141
    Number of Devices: 900
    Number of Events: 656
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 5
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: lenovo
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.32: Autelis
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.44.0: BLGData
    2.0.28.0: BLOccupied
    1.0.5.0: BLShutdown
    1.3.7.3: Device History
    3.0.0.67: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.33: Ecobee
    5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
    3.0.0.325: Life360
    3.1.0.17: MeiHarmonyHub
    1.2019.211.1740: MyQ
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.0.48: PHLocation2
    0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    30.0.0.37: RFXCOM
    3.0.7.1: SDJ-Health
    3.1.0.36: Sonos
    1.4.0.0: Tesla Vehicles
    3.0.7179.19002: UltraLighting3
    3.0.1.0: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.16: WeatherFlow
    3.0.1.19: weatherXML
    1.2.0.0: Zodiac Iaqualink
    3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Hello mda,

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with my plug-in. It appears the UDP client that's setup to process LIFX broadcast packets is failing after several days. I made some changes to the code and will run it on my HomeSeer system for about a week. I'll post the update once I confirm the changes I made resolves this issue.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Hello mda,

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with my plug-in. It appears the UDP client that's setup to process LIFX broadcast packets is failing after several days. I made some changes to the code and will run it on my HomeSeer system for about a week. I'll post the update once I confirm the changes I made resolves this issue.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Thanks!!!

Comment

Hello mda,

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Ultrajones How the testing going?

Comment

Hello mda,

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Ultrajones attached is a debug log where all the bulbs went offline at 3:02am today and stayed offline until i restarted the plugin this evening.... in case this helps your testing. Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello mda,

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Originally posted by mda View Post
            Ultrajones attached is a debug log where all the bulbs went offline at 3:02am today and stayed offline until i restarted the plugin this evening.... in case this helps your testing. Thanks!
            Ultrajones hi, were you able to get this figured out? Thanks

Comment

No, not yet. I am still working on this issue.
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

No, not yet. I am still working on this issue.
                Thanks. If I can help test/log anything, please just let me know.

For now, I have an event that triggers when they all go offline and I still have AC power to restarts the plug in and bring them back online. It seems to be an ok workaround.

Comment

This has been happening with my LIFX lamps as well for a few months.
                  I just have an event that emails me when they go offline and i re start the plugin.
                  A fix would be fantastic

Comment

Hey Ultrajones....would love to contribute to your funds if we could rectify the above issue

PS...love your work!

Comment

I am also experiencing this issue, going to try an event to restart the plug-in as per the workaround that mda suggested.

Comment

Have you guys noticed the LIFX Mini bulbs are no longer going offline? LIFX upgraded the firmware that I believe solves this issue you guys have been reporting. The release notes indicate better compatibility with SmartThings, but doesn't get into any details. I assume it fixes whatever issue causes the bulb to no longer send a status after about a day or so.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Ultrajones I don’t have any mini bulbs

Comment

Dont have any Mini's either. But still the problem persists. The weird thing is that while they are "offline" HS can still control them.

Comment

Ultrajones I have a mini but I am not sure how to get the app to tell me what firmware version the bulb is on. The bulb has not gone offline since I added it and that has been a couple of weeks. How do we get the firmware versions?

I was able to find this from the device UltraLighting3 tab. App says bulb is up to date.
                              Product Version: 768
                              Host Firmware: 3.60

Comment

Working...
                              X