Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bulbs going offline, control removes color when "offline" ver. 3.0.7179.19002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the same issue for the last couple of years. I'm currently running 3.0.7272.26248.

I have an event that checks every time a bulb goes offline to see if they are all offline, and if so, to restart the plugin automatically. This used to work, but then HS updated something and now the plugin doesn't restart via the Jon00 script that I had installed. I have to investigate that as a separate issue.

I have an email sent to me whenever a single bulb in a group goes offline, and when I see all of them go offline, in the email (or notice the lights not turning off), I know to restart the plugin manually.

Restarting the plugin fixes the issue for a random amount of time.

In the attached screenshots, I'm using EasyTrigger to define a dynamic group for all my LIFX bulbs. The two lines that have "not" checked are so I don't add a certain group of LIFX bulbs that I'm not controlling via HS.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
      I've had the same issue for the last couple of years. I'm currently running 3.0.7272.26248.

I have an event that checks every time a bulb goes offline to see if they are all offline, and if so, to restart the plugin automatically. This used to work, but then HS updated something and now the plugin doesn't restart via the Jon00 script that I had installed. I have to investigate that as a separate issue.

I have an email sent to me whenever a single bulb in a group goes offline, and when I see all of them go offline, in the email (or notice the lights not turning off), I know to restart the plugin manually.

Restarting the plugin fixes the issue for a random amount of time.

In the attached screenshots, I'm using EasyTrigger to define a dynamic group for all my LIFX bulbs. The two lines that have "not" checked are so I don't add a certain group of LIFX bulbs that I'm not controlling via HS.
      I have also been working on this issue for several years with no resolution. Every "fix" I tried didn't work. It appears the bulbs stop responding to status updates after a day or two, but still respond to commands. It turns out that LIFX updated the firmware on their LFIX Mini bulbs to resolve this issue. Their tech support said the same fix should be rolling out to the other bulbs, but it's been over 6 months with no firmware updates. Can you also reach out to LIFX and ask if there is a planned fix for the older bulbs?

Note: All 10 fo my LFIX mini bulbs I have are "Online". All others are offline after about 1-2 days but still respond to commands.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

It appears the bulbs stop responding to status updates after a day or two, but still respond to commands. It turns out that LIFX updated the firmware on their LFIX Mini bulbs to resolve this issue. Their tech support said the same fix should be rolling out to the other bulbs, but it's been over 6 months with no firmware updates.
        If the bulbs stop responding to status updates, how does restarting the plugin fix this issue? I have no doubt the bulbs are probably to blame considering how poorly the bulbs perform on wi-fi, but I'm just not sure how restarting the plugin makes the bulbs start responding to status upates.

Comment

My bulbs repeatedly report as offline in HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 - I'm running 3.0.7272.26248, behind an RT-AC68U router. Otherwise work just fine - but it screws up all my event programming.

Perhaps a custom method to check for current/online state would be more consistent, eg. changing a known value by a miniscule amount to check state?

Comment

Originally posted by alystair View Post
            My bulbs repeatedly report as offline in HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 - I'm running 3.0.7272.26248, behind an RT-AC68U router. Otherwise work just fine - but it screws up all my event programming.

Perhaps a custom method to check for current/online state would be more consistent, eg. changing a known value by a miniscule amount to check state?
            That's the issue. The bulbs appear to no longer return a response to the status query for anything other than the LIFX Mini bulbs.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This is the response I received from LFIX regarding this issue:

Elliott (LIFX)
              Mar 9, 17:58 PDT
              Hi,

Our firmware team has advised that in the upcoming firmware updates for previous generation products, these fixes will be included,

thanks for your patience while we work on this,

Regards,
              Elliott
              Customer Success Technician

Ultrajones

Mar 8, 09:46 PDT

The resolution of the issue my program was experiencing wasn’t resolved until this firmware:

Update 8 January 2020

Generation 4 LIFX Mini Color, Mini Day & Dusk, Mini White and GU10 products (v3.60)

I am guessing it’s related to the fixes here:

· HomeKit reliability improvement

· Improved Samsung SmartThings/Google Home support

Can you tell me if these fixes will be applied to the older LIFX bulbs?

Comment

I can confirm that even though the bulbs show as offline, I can still control them. Recently, after upgrading to 3.0.7616.22302, I've noticed my bulbs all going offline more frequently than before. A simple restart of the plugin and all the bulbs show up correctly for a short time. To help with troubleshooting, I decided to enable debug logging in the plugin. I did this several days ago and have not had the bulbs go offline once since then. I'm going to put the logging back to error and see if the behavior comes back. Not sure if that helps you with troubleshooting, but I figured I'd let you know what I was seeing after enabling debug logging.

Comment

So I changed the logging level back to error, but I'm not seeing the bulbs go offline like they were before. Not sure what has happened, but so far, all the bulbs have not gone offline. I'll keep monitoring and set the logging back to debug if I see the bulbs all going offline again.

Comment

ok, nevermind. I forgot that I was restarting the plugin automatically whenever all the bulbs would go offline. The script that was doing that stopped working in the past, Jon00Plugin, but I think with a recent Windows 10 update, it started working again. I checked the logs and it looks like the plugin is restarted every day or so.

If I enabled debug logging, would that gather any helpful data to try and find out what's causing the lights to appear offline, even though they can still be controlled?

Comment

Working...
                    X