Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Set White &/or Brightness values to a Virtual Device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set White &/or Brightness values to a Virtual Device?

Any way to set white & brightness to a virtual device or expression? For example, have a virtual Kelvin & brightness device I could set with a sensor outside. Then an event that would check the virtual devices hourly and update the bulbs over say 30 min to give the effect of a changing sky?

Still working on getting automated scenes and running into a pickle. I have 5 scenes (Sunset, Evening, Night Light, Sunrise & Daytime) I want to be able to set all bulbs that are on to a specific temp/brightness over 30 min. I'd also like to set all bulbs that are off to the temp and brightness so when I turn them on they come on to that 'scene'.

Right now the only way i've figured out how to do this is a trigger specifically for each light group at the scene time which checks if the lights are active: if they are it sets the temp & brightness over 30 min. Then another trigger for each light group which checks if the lights are off at the scene time and if so sets the group to the temp/brightness.

Any ideas on how to make this happen without 2 trigger events for every single light group?

Comment

Working...
    X