Lifx bulb continually going offline in HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifx bulb continually going offline in HomeSeer

I had a rather odd problem whereby a Lifx white bulb was continually going offline in HomeSeer (and disconnecting from my router). It didn't matter how many times I reset the bulb, reset the UltraLighting3 plugin, reset HomeSeer, and reset the router, it still kept going offline at regular intervals.

It appeared to be a problem with my wi-fi although the distance from the Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi 6 Satellite Extender should have been OK.

The bulb had a UK bayonet connection so, in a last desperate attempt to possibly change the wifi coverage of the bulb, I re-inserted the bulb after rotating it by 180 degrees. And it worked!

Whether this indicates that the Lifx bulb has a dead spot in its Wi-Fi coverage, or whether it can have issues with which of the two power connections of a bayonet socket is the Live connection, I don't know.

However, I don't think that the problem was with that particular bulb, since it was the second bulb that I had tried in that location with both showing the same symptoms.

Check the socket.....

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      Check the socket.....
      It's unlikely to be a problem with that since the bulb can remain permanently-lit while the wi-fi connection disappears, and they are obviously sharing the same power connection.

Comment

I now believe the issue is probably with DHCP on my router.

I changed my Netgear Orbi router for a more-expensive version that (theoretically) can handle the larger number of wi-fi connections required by my large number of Lifx bulbs.

The result was that (initially) most devices were getting a 'random' IP address allocated by DHCP. I have now updated my router to allocate a specific IP-address for each MAC address.

I have also changed the MTU from 1500 to 1492, and disabled 20/40MHz coexistence, so creating a double-width 2.4GHz band.

As a result of these changes, the network has now become a lot more stable.

I had also tried disabling WMM on the 2.4GHz band, but that appeared to have no effect and I have since re-enabled it.

Comment

Ultrajones I am having a similar issue. My bulbs keep showing Offline, but I can control them in homeseer ( off, on, dim ). When I click them the bulb changes, but the status does not. When I restart the plugin they all come back online immediately. Not sure what is going on.

Comment

This is an issue related to the LIFX firmware. They recently resolved the issue with the Generation 4 LIFX Mini Color, Mini Day & Dusk, Mini White and GU10 products. The firmware on the older bulbs should be updated soon.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              This is an issue related to the LIFX firmware. They recently resolved the issue with the Generation 4 LIFX Mini Color, Mini Day & Dusk, Mini White and GU10 products. The firmware on the older bulbs should be updated soon.
              Thanks for the quick reply! Does it matter this is affecting all my bulbs (non-Generation 4 LIFX Mini Color, Mini Day & Dusk, Mini White and GU10 products)

Comment

Working...
              X