Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Observing Current state of lights, changing them, and returning back to that state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observing Current state of lights, changing them, and returning back to that state?

I'm curious if there's a way to accomplish having lifx bulbs in their current state, then temporarily changing them because of an event, then changing them back.

For example:
    1) LiFX light on. Let's randomly say at 3000K white, 100%
    2) Door opens, triggers event "Door Open" event
    3) LiFX light turns red, 10%, 5 seconds
    4) LiFX turns back to previous state (3000K white, 100%)

Or, let's say the light was off

1) LiFX light off
    2) Door Opens, triggers "Door Open" event"
    3) LiFX turns on, turns red, 10% brightness, for 5 seconds
    4) LiFX bulb turns back to previous state (off)

Any way to do this with events, scripts, other?

Thanks in advance!

As far as i know, you can only get the current dim level. All other data is not available.

I use the trick to caclulate the settings and
    then set these to the lifx devices

Comment

Originally posted by Red64 View Post
      As far as i know, you can only get the current dim level. All other data is not available.

I use the trick to caclulate the settings and
      then set these to the lifx devices
      Thanks - would you mind explaining what you mean by calculating the settings?

Comment

This shouldn't be that difficult to code into the next version. I'll likely do that during the HS4 plug-in updates.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

skhs With my solar panels i can Measure the light intensity. Based on that i calculate what dim settings the lights should have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            This shouldn't be that difficult to code into the next version. I'll likely do that during the HS4 plug-in updates.
            Super excited about an update. It would be very helpful to be able to set white to any variable enabling the ability to set white to another device's variable (Say a virtual cool/warmth level that changes with the day)

Has there been a solution to devices showing offline status in HS? They all still work on, off, dim.. but always show offline until the plugin is restarted.

Comment

Working...
            X