All Bulbs Offline after HS4 4.1.11.0 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Bulbs Offline after HS4 4.1.11.0 Update

After updating to the latest HS4 4.1.11.0 today (02/08/2021) all my LIFX bulbs appear as offline in UltraLighting. They were working fine prior to this. I tried stopping and restarting the plug-in and doing a full reboot of the system. All bulbs are on their latest firmware. They do work using the LIFX app.

Are you running your HomeSeer system on Windows or Linux? If Windows, please connect to the console and check to see if you see a Windows firewall prompt asking for permission to listen on a UDP port.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

No idea what was up, but they magically came back online over the past two hours without my doing anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Are you running your HomeSeer system on Windows or Linux? If Windows, please connect to the console and check to see if you see a Windows firewall prompt asking for permission to listen on a UDP port.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Can you tell me which UDP ports? I just moved from HS3 to HS4. Everything worked in 3 but it cannot see the bulbs in 4. I can control them from the app on my phone when on the network, but the plugin does not see any of them.

Thanks.
        HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I am consistently having this issue, I updated the plugin recently as well and still having problems. I notice it seems to happen when HS4 or the box itself is rebooted, I'll go to the plugins tab and UltraLighting3 is listed as "Plugin start pending" - yet the plugin works, so is definitely running already, and can see the .exe in task manager.. About 50% of my lights will be "offline" when this happens usually though, disabling the plugin and then restarting it seems to bring my lights all back online.

I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to create an Event that would restart the plugin "If XXX light has been Offline for exactly XXX" but could not figure out how to create an event action that did this, that probably would solve the problem if anyone had any tips on that.

Otherwise, is there any tweaks that can be made to the plugin to correct this? My issue is that my controller will occasionally be rebooted without my knowledge - power loss, automatic update, who knows what - I have HS4 setup to restart automatically, but when my lights don't reconnect it screws up other events which then don't fire properly.

I'd like to express my willingness to re-purchase a newer version of this plugin that has been reengineered for HS4 specifically. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ee21 View Post
            I am consistently having this issue, I updated the plugin recently as well and still having problems. I notice it seems to happen when HS4 or the box itself is rebooted, I'll go to the plugins tab and UltraLighting3 is listed as "Plugin start pending" - yet the plugin works, so is definitely running already, and can see the .exe in task manager.. About 50% of my lights will be "offline" when this happens usually though, disabling the plugin and then restarting it seems to bring my lights all back online.

I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to create an Event that would restart the plugin "If XXX light has been Offline for exactly XXX" but could not figure out how to create an event action that did this, that probably would solve the problem if anyone had any tips on that.

Otherwise, is there any tweaks that can be made to the plugin to correct this? My issue is that my controller will occasionally be rebooted without my knowledge - power loss, automatic update, who knows what - I have HS4 setup to restart automatically, but when my lights don't reconnect it screws up other events which then don't fire properly.

I'd like to express my willingness to re-purchase a newer version of this plugin that has been reengineered for HS4 specifically. Thanks!
            Any updates on this? This is a growing point of frustration as I regularly have to restart your plugin to get my lights to report anything other than "offline", this causes a chain reaction when my lights stop reporting status, which breaks other things..

Comment

I have never been able to figure out why the older LIFX bulbs stop responding to the UDP status query. About a year and a half ago, a firmware update was pushed by LFIX which fixed this issue for the LIFX Color 1000 bulbs. They were on track to push a similar firmware update for the older bulbs, but then COVID hit.
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I see, I do have a mix of both old and new. Their just so darn expensive to replace.

Comment

Working...
                X