Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LIFX Color A19 showing as LIFX Unknown

Running HS3 with 3.0.7806.24993.

I just bought some of the new color A19 bulbs and they are showing as unknown in the plugin.
    Home Inside Master Bed LIFX Unknown 192.168.xx.xx D0:73:d5:xx:xx:xx
    The bulb shows up with the name LIFX Color <last 6 MAC> when setting them up. I have the A19 g3 and they show up in the plugin, but these may be g3.5 or g4? I can see the on/off status, but can't turn them off or on or add them to any ultralighting3 events since they don't show up in the light picker.
    Jul-06 23:57:51 Warning Received unsupported SetIOMulti action For LIFX Unknown

I tried renaming the LIFX-Products.json file, in the data/ultralighting3 folder, and restarting the plugin, but it didn't get re-downloaded and the plugin doesn't show up under Manage even though there are no errors in the log. The LIFX-Products.json file is from back in January.

Comment

Any way to get these new bulbs to show up correctly? They still show as LIFX Unknown and so they aren't available in any of the events that try to set the color. I can see the status, but can't do anything else since the plugin is filtering those bulbs based on the bulb type.

The color events have the device filtered, but the power events show the new bulb.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fixed the issue.
        1. I stopped the plugin
        2. deleted the LIFX-Products.json file from the Data/Ultralighting3 directory
        3. downloaded a new copy from here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LI.../products.json
        4. Renamed the file to LIFX-Products.json
        5. Edit the file to remove the [ and ] from the beginning and end of the file
        6. Deleted the defaults section from the vid section near the beginning:
          Code:
          	 "defaults": {
          	"hev": false,
          	"color": false,
          	"chain": false,
          	"matrix": false,
          	"relays": false,
          	"buttons": false,
          	"infrared": false,
          	"multizone": false,
          	"temperature_range": null,
          	"extended_multizone": false
          	},
        7. Updated the HS device Device Type (String) for this bulb to "LIFX A19 US" to match the type that was discovered.
        8. Restarted the plugin
        Now the new light shows up as "LIFX A19 US" and shows up in color events and I can control it.

Comment

I am sorry, I was on vacation and couldn't respond. I have seen this at least once before. LIFX forgets to update their products.json file when they add new bulb types. I am happy to hear you were able to resolve this issue on your own.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbucka View Post
            Fixed the issue.
            1. I stopped the plugin
            2. deleted the LIFX-Products.json file from the Data/Ultralighting3 directory
            3. downloaded a new copy from here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LI.../products.json
            4. Renamed the file to LIFX-Products.json
            5. Edit the file to remove the [ and ] from the beginning and end of the file
            6. Deleted the defaults section from the vid section near the beginning:
              Code:
              	"defaults": {
              	"hev": false,
              	"color": false,
              	"chain": false,
              	"matrix": false,
              	"relays": false,
              	"buttons": false,
              	"infrared": false,
              	"multizone": false,
              	"temperature_range": null,
              	"extended_multizone": false
              	},
            7. Updated the HS device Device Type (String) for this bulb to "LIFX A19 US" to match the type that was discovered.
            8. Restarted the plugin
            Now the new light shows up as "LIFX A19 US" and shows up in color events and I can control it.
            Thank you for this info. I have been trying my new LIFX A19 US lamp and found the same issue.

All is good now!

Comment

I just got some Candles that are doing this same thing. Will give this a shot to see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
                I just got some Candles that are doing this same thing. Will give this a shot to see if it helps.
                It did. How exciting!

Comment

Working...
                X