Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New LIFX Candle C, discovered, but not showing COLOR controls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LIFX Candle C, discovered, but not showing COLOR controls.

Hi, I recently receive some new LIFX Candelabra Color bulbs (after a long time on backorder due to COVID).

When I installed one today, the LIFX app fully controls all color and functions. It is identified in the LIFX app as a "LIFX Color C" with firmware v3.50.

The HS Plugin discovered the bulb. But it labeled it as a "LIFX Candle" bulb. Thus, I can control ON/OFF and WHITE levels, but when I try to control color functions like COLOR or SET WAVEFORM, the bulb is not made available.

Is there a way to get this bulb added into the Plugin with the COLOR bulb functionality?

--Lee III

Originally posted by LeeIII View Post
    Hi, I recently receive some new LIFX Candelabra Color bulbs (after a long time on backorder due to COVID).

When I installed one today, the LIFX app fully controls all color and functions. It is identified in the LIFX app as a "LIFX Color C" with firmware v3.50.

The HS Plugin discovered the bulb. But it labeled it as a "LIFX Candle" bulb. Thus, I can control ON/OFF and WHITE levels, but when I try to control color functions like COLOR or SET WAVEFORM, the bulb is not made available.

Is there a way to get this bulb added into the Plugin with the COLOR bulb functionality?

--Lee III
    Keep digging and might find something.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...s-lifx-unknown

The process to stop the plugin - download the new LIFX-products.json file (and edit out the [ ] characters) did the trick. The Candle LED's now support color.

Comment

Working...
    X