Can't choose Ultralighting3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't choose Ultralighting3.

UPDATE: FIXED! I am still not exactly sure what I did, but at some point I replaced and edited the LIFX-products.json and that seems to be the cause. Fresh W10Pro and HS4 and UltraLighting3 with that LIFX-products.json file and I had the same issue. Replaced that file with the one used in HS3 and ALL IS WELL......

SORRY Ultra!

Man, I don't know what's going on. I tried to go look at the plug-in's config, but it is no longer available. I tried disabling and reenabling. No dice. I deleted it, rebooted and then added it back. No dice. I got a error in the Plugin box that said, "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UltraLighting" The plugin appears to be running fine on old events that were not edited once the weirdness started.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ultra3.jpg Views:	23 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	1505398

Warning! Due to bad Press my posts get deleted on Ultra Channels...

Else, when you delete the old HS3 plug-ins there is a file which always stays behind in the HS root folder and in this case it will be HSPI_UltraLighin3.exe.config... Get rid of it and dig out all file/folders related to the plug-in after uninstall then after reinstall the plug-in.

While at it, get rid of that HS3 Unifi plug-in and test the Stefxx Unifi Software Plugin for HS4. It also does complex Wake On LAN over Vlans and the dev's support is first class.

Eman.

TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thank you for your ideas, Eman. I'm not thinking this is an Ultra-plugin issue. I'm thinking that is was something I did or didn't do. I am a HUGE Ultra fan starting with his Pioneer amp controller and now with LiFX. I could not live without it! It works GREAT on HS3 and it DID work on HS4. If you look through this forum, any problems I have had have turned out to be my own! Right now I am freaking out because kids start showing up in 6 hours and my house is not working......

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
        Thank you for your ideas, Eman. I'm not thinking this is an Ultra-plugin issue. I'm thinking that is was something I did or didn't do. I am a HUGE Ultra fan starting with his Pioneer amp controller and now with LiFX. I could not live without it! It works GREAT on HS3 and it DID work on HS4. If you look through this forum, any problems I have had have turned out to be my own! Right now I am freaking out because kids start showing up in 6 hours and my house is not working......
        Here too, I have used his plug-ins for years and some I decided not curry over to HS4 because of luck of support... The devs had their beef with HST and they decided to take it out on the users
        What I suggested above was a repair install but no ditching his products...

As you can see below :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ultra.png Views:	0 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	1505530

10/31/2021 17:01:36
        GetPioneerAVRVolumeLimt()
        Error
        System.ArgumentException: Argument 'Expression' cannot be converted to type 'System.Int64'. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Conversion.Val (System.Object Expression) [0x000b3] in :0 at HSPI_ULTRAPIONEERAVR3.hspi_pioneeravr.GetPioneerAVRVolumeLim t (System.String pavr_uuid, System.String vol_limit, System.Double vol_limit_default) [0x000ae] in :0

10/31/2021 17:01:36
        GetPioneerAVRVolumeLimt()
        Error
        System.ArgumentException
        I have struggled with that since moving to HS4. The plug-in works but gives that error you can't get rid of. I don't know if he will ever find love for his plug-ins again... Related : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/audio-video-and-infra-red-ir-plug-ins/audio-video-and-infra-red-ir-discussion/ultrapioneeravr-ultrajones/1405657-volume-control-problem (Started : July 25, 2020, 03:33 AM)

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          ....What I suggested above was a repair install but no ditching his products...

Eman.
          Got it.

I just created a brand new machine. Well, old laptop with a new W10Pro install and a new clean HS4 install. Installed the absolute basic to function. UltraLighting3 installs but cannot be configured. Same as before. Checked the Ultralighting folder in the Data directory. Empty. WTH? Installed the json file from HS3. UltraLighting3 is BACK!

I believe this was MY FAULT. I downloaded another LIFX-products.json file from a link in this forum. I must have screwed up the editing. Lets see if this will work and IF I can get everything running in the next 4 hours........

Comment

Working...
          X