Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle On/Off HSTouchDesigner

Hi,
    I cant toggle my lifx bulbs with the on/off toggle in HSTouch Designer. They work fine with separate on and off buttons. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of how you have it configured in HSTouch?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Here it is
      Attached Files

Comment

I have managed to get this to work by running a script against my lifx devices that updates the value/status pairs for on, off and dim.

Can you please look into your plugin and see if it can make those assignments?

EDIT - It didn't seem to work on a new HSTouch project
        Last edited by bigjezza; March 20, 2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Hey how did you get it to dim? Im trying to use a master virtual device that can switch on off or dim all lifx bulbs in a room the on off works but i cant make the dim work?
          Thanks

Comment

I have no idea whats happening but I just created a new project and it didn't work. It had set the button to "xsd:string" ToggleOnOff instead of "xsd:double" 9000

The script I ran across the devices to change the pairs is here:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=170475

And keep in mind matt246, these bulbs can be set to dim 50% but not actually be on...

Comment

Even with them on this script still doesnt work.

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
              Dim DimLevel
              DimLevel = hs.DeviceValue("116")
              hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(140, DimLevel, true)
              hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(141, DimLevel, true)
              End Sub

Comment

It is 0 is off 100 is "on" so dimming is between 1 - 99.

The trouble is with the script I use it changes the value for a split second then it changes back to On, i cant seem to work out how to fix it.

Comment

Code:
                  Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

Dim cc as HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(49, True, "Dim (value)%", False, False)
                  cc.ControlValue = hs.DeviceValue("47") 
                  Dim cr as HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControlResponse = hs.CAPIControlHandler(cc)
                  End Sub
                  This will set the dimming of light 49 based on light 47 - courtesy of tenscriptaid - go download it now!

Ive been using Homeseer for 4-5 days now.
                  You cannot use hs.setdevicevalue in HS3. It wont actually change the physical device from what I understand, you have to use capi.

Comment

The toggle definitely wasn't working without the dim value/status pair, on, off pairs on a light I just tested. It was magically OK once I ran the above script to assign the range 1-99 controluse to dim, and used the gui to change on and off. Earlier when it wasn't working I tried it on a device I hadn't done the pairs on.

Comment

Awesome, tweaked it a bit to work with both lights but hopefully we get an api to use so that they can transition seemlessly, and both at the same time.

Comment

I posted UltraLighting3 HSPI version 3.0.5923.18028 that adds the on/off/dim control use value to newly created devices.
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Wow, that was quick! I admire your work!

I have just received a few more bulbs. Once they're updated I'll add them in and see how it goes

Thanks!

Comment

It works well! Sometimes the xml generated from HSTouch doesn't have the correct value, - I doubt that's anything to do with the plugin. Atlest when I change to 9000 they work as they should - without having to change the pairs.
                            Last edited by bigjezza; March 21, 2016, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X