Scenes/dimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenes/dimming

I have purchased 4 of these bulbs, and am testing out the plugin. I can't fully do that as the bulbs are on another controller (Zee) and I am taking a look at the plugin on my home system (Windows).

My question is, is there any sort of scene control for these bulbs via the plugin. I have need to ramp them both up and down in brightness, and would like control over that. It would also be nice to control the color in the same way.

So, a simple example. I want to go from 0% to 100% over 10 seconds, or vice versa. I may want to flash the bulb quickly - on/off in one second. I may want to change the color gradually over time.

Can the plugin do any of this?

If not, they are still useful, but the dimming, and especially ramping up, of the lights (church sanctuary setting) has been a major issue.

David

Hello David,

Scene control can be done through a HomeSeer event. You can create an event to change color, white, brightness, power and effects over time for 1 or more lights using one of the following HomeSeer actions:

UltraLighting3: Set Color
    UltraLighting3: Set White
    UltraLighting3: Set Power
    UltraLighting3: Set Brightness
    UltraLighting3: Set Waveform

Please let me know if you need an example.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I understand that I can do those things.

Unless waveform does what I need, what I am looking for are the features that the scene setup can give me. Specifically, I want to be able to dim up AND down at a rate. For example, go from current setting to 50% over 10 seconds. This gives a much better effect that just jumping from 0 to 50 or 100 to 50.

I am using this to do audience type lighting, so the affect is important.

I have not been able to do what I want with Z-Wave devices yet. Going up, the change is immediate. Going down, there is a setting in EACH device for a dim rate. This, though, makes the device do the dim rate all the time, which causes other problems, so I set everything back to default. The only thing I can do right now is step the lighting by 10% every second, for example, which is a pain to program.

David

Comment

Have you looked at UltraLighting3: Set Brightness? That allows you to do a set brightness to a percentage over a timespan for 1 or more lights.
        Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have finally moved to HS3 for running these lights, since a Zee can't run the plugin. I have been able to test with real LIFX bulbs. Indeed, this plugin does what I want it to do!!!

Thanks!
          David

Comment

Working...
          X