Can figure out this event...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can figure out this event...

This should be easy.... Right now my front porch light is set to Blue 230 at 50% every night. Works like a champ. It's a great blue and my local Po Po appreciates it. However, when someone comes to the door, it is not very bright.....and it is BLUE. So, I want to have the light change to white and go to 100%. Then, over the next 10 minutes, I'd like it to gradually change to Blue 230 at 50%. I can't seem to get it to do that. I can't get it to do anything. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? See event below.
    Attached Files

Well, this works...

So I don't really know why, but based on some other folk's posts and a lot of trial and error, this works. See below. Everything in the event must be in this exact order and must be in the event, or it won't work. ....It won't work on my system, I should say...

I found that when changing to color, you don't need to add a brightness because the brightness is part of the color. For instance Blue 0026ff is 231 degree blue at 50% brightness. If I raise the brightness to 100%, then it is no longer Blue 0026ff. It is bright white instead. That is most likely why there is no brightness control when choosing a color.

I have a 4 minute wait but it could be 3 seconds. A Two second wait does not work. Anything more than 3 seconds works (on my system). I was going to have the light change back to blue over 10 minutes, but it looks nicer having it remain warm white and then changing to Blue rather quickly.

So you have to have the power command first, you DON'T need to choose a brightness when you choose a color, and you have to have a wait between changes. I don't know why yet, but the below in that exact order works. So there ya go!
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X