Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thousands of errors

Hi,
    I am getting thousands of these errors until I restart the plugin.
    There are no events within a minute or two of the first occurrence today involving the lights.

Sep-20 08:18:35
    Error
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_plugin.LIFXCommandQueue()
    Error
    System.NullReferenceException
    Error
    An error occured while processing the LIFX packet.

What can I do to troubleshoot?

Havent seen this for the past two days. Last week I got a new bulb, claimed it in the iPhone app, un plugged it and left it on the shelf for a while. Maybe the plugin didn't build the device properly or something but I've reconnected that new bulb and let it appear as a device - I haven't seen this since.
    Coincidence!?!

Comment

I am going to redesign the plug-in so that I no longer use a broadcast packet. The plug-in will communicate with each bulb using it's own IP address. This should allow much faster packet communication as the plug-in will be able to communicate simultaneously with each bulb. If all goes well, I hope to be done in a few weeks.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sounds great I'm excited!

Comment

The coding is pretty much done. I am going to let the code burn in for a day or two to see if anything unusual happens before posting the update.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Great work! I'm happy to test if you need it before unleashing the update publicly.

Comment

Ultrajones,
              I've just tested the new version. Bravo! Thank you.

I did the power off test and it passed with flying colors!

Comment

Working...
              X