Toggle state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggle state

I dusted off my LIFX bulbs and bought this plugin to try out them out instead of my Hue bulbs for use in the bedroom. A recent storm knocked out the power and it was great having my lights come on at full power at 3 AM with a 3 year old and a 3 month old in the room as well. It took a few minutes to actually be able to turn them off.

I like the Ultralighting plugin but it has a few issues. I no longer have any easy way to toggle a group of lights on/off. I used EasyTrigger with my Hue bulbs and it works great. Its toggle function saves me from having to create an extra event for a button press toggle on/off. However using Easy Trigger to toggle LIFX bulbs results in chaos. With a group of four bulbs, toggling their state at best will affect three bulbs, and then subsequent presses eventually result in random subgroups going on and off. There seems to be a significant delay in reporting the correct state to homeseer but even waiting a minute between toggles doesn't help. I have also noticed that the plugin can take a very long time to detect bulbs. When I restart HS3 or the plugin it can be fifteen minutes before all four of my bedroom bulbs show up as online but are controllable via the Android app. The bulbs are indeed online and connected to the router.

It would be nice for the Ultralighting plugin to offer toggle state in the set power action. Even better would be the support of groups!

I have four bulbs that I control through a virtual device using Easy Trigger, and I at least think it's working. I've only set this up in the last week or two and it's still under testing. In fact, the virtual device is a dimmer, and I can set the dim state for all the bulbs from the one virtual device.

When the virtual device is updated, I have an event that sets each device associated with a bulb to the value of the virtual device using Easy Trigger. So, I have for actions, one for each bulb. I can then have other event that set the virtual device, thereby setting all the lights.

Does that help?

David

Comment

Originally posted by sprange View Post
      I dusted off my LIFX bulbs and bought this plugin to try out them out instead of my Hue bulbs for use in the bedroom. A recent storm knocked out the power and it was great having my lights come on at full power at 3 AM with a 3 year old and a 3 month old in the room as well. It took a few minutes to actually be able to turn them off.

I like the Ultralighting plugin but it has a few issues. I no longer have any easy way to toggle a group of lights on/off. I used EasyTrigger with my Hue bulbs and it works great. Its toggle function saves me from having to create an extra event for a button press toggle on/off. However using Easy Trigger to toggle LIFX bulbs results in chaos. With a group of four bulbs, toggling their state at best will affect three bulbs, and then subsequent presses eventually result in random subgroups going on and off. There seems to be a significant delay in reporting the correct state to homeseer but even waiting a minute between toggles doesn't help. I have also noticed that the plugin can take a very long time to detect bulbs. When I restart HS3 or the plugin it can be fifteen minutes before all four of my bedroom bulbs show up as online but are controllable via the Android app. The bulbs are indeed online and connected to the router.

It would be nice for the Ultralighting plugin to offer toggle state in the set power action. Even better would be the support of groups!
      Group support is available via HomeSeer event actions.

I am not seeing any of the issues you are experiencing. If you send a ping to your LIFX bulbs, are you seeing any packet loss?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
      X