Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not All Bulbs Visible

I have two lights in a tv area, creatively named TV Area 1 and TV Area 2
    While I can control the bulbs on my Android LIFX app, only a single bulb TV Area 2 is available within HS3

My log shows the following:

Code:
    Dec-31 7:54:09 AM	 	Warning	The LIFX bulb at IP address is no longer properly initialized. Flushing 1 commands from the command queue.
    Dec-31 7:54:08 AM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP) at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP) at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_lifx_light.LIFXReceiveQueue()
    Dec-31 7:54:08 AM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    Dec-31 7:54:08 AM	 	Error	An error occured while reading the LIFX packet.
    I'm running version 3.0.6158.37550

Under the plug in, it does show one unknown LIFX light, which is not displayed on HS3

For troubleshooting purposes, please disable then re-enable the plug-in. Once re-enabled, please check the lights to determine if they are both properly identified in the status web page.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Am experiencing the same problems.
      Is there a way to completely remove all traces of the plug-in then reinstall fresh?

Code:
      Dec-31 10:07:30 AM	 	Warning	The LIFX bulb at IP address is no longer properly initialized. Flushing 1 commands from the command queue.
      Dec-31 10:07:30 AM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP) at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP) at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_lifx_light.LIFXReceiveQueue()
      Dec-31 10:07:30 AM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
      Dec-31 10:07:30 AM	 	Error	An error occured while reading the LIFX packet.

Comment

Something somehow got hosed in my install. Devices pop online for a while and then go offline. I can access the lights through my android lifx apps without issue. Can I somehow purge all the plugin data and start new?

log simply fills up with:

Code:
        Dec-31 11:36:01 AM	 	Warning	The LIFX bulb at IP address is no longer properly initialized. Flushing 1 commands from the command queue.
        Dec-31 11:36:01 AM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP) at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP) at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_lifx_light.LIFXReceiveQueue()

Comment

Still is acting flaky:

Code:
          Jan-01 2:18:28 PM	 	Warning	The LIFX bulb at IP address is no longer properly initialized. Flushing 1 commands from the command queue.
          Jan-01 2:18:28 PM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP) at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP) at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_lifx_light.LIFXReceiveQueue()
          by that i mean unreliable

is there anything i can do to provide further information that might help pinpoint what the issue is?

Comment

Do you have a firewall or anti-virus program getting in the way?

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Do you have a firewall or anti-virus program getting in the way?
              Nothing on the HS3 box, it's a HomeTroller S6

Comment

Under UltraLighting3 > UltraLighting3 > Options > LIFX Options, try setting the IP address of your primary interface, then restarting the plug-in.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

I set it to the IP of my HS3 device and still see:

Code:
                  Jan-02 12:24:39 PM	 	Warning	The LIFX bulb at IP address is no longer properly initialized. Flushing 8 commands from the command queue.
                  Jan-02 12:24:39 PM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP) at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP) at HSPI_ULTRALIGHTING3.hspi_lifx_light.LIFXReceiveQueue()
                  Jan-02 12:24:39 PM	1	Error	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
                  Jan-02 12:24:39 PM	 	Error	An error occured while reading the LIFX packet.

Comment

Please post a screenshot of UltraLighting3 > UltraLighting3 > Status

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

I reset my HomeTrollerS6 and installed UltraLighting3. So far, no issues, but I'll continue to watch it.

How long does it take for your bulbs to go offline?

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Please post a screenshot of UltraLighting3 > UltraLighting3 > Status
                        Ultrajones
                        As requested
                        Attached Files

Comment

I reset my HomeTrollerS6 and installed UltraLighting3. So far, no issues, but I'll continue to watch it.

How long does it take for your bulbs to go offline?
                          I haven't been able to find exactly when they go out. A number are offline now though controllable through the app

Comment

I have been running this on my HomeTroller S6 for a week and no errors whatsoever. I have 18 LIFX bulbs. Will continue to monitor.

Comment

Hi,
                              I am having a very similar situation. I can control all of my lights with my LIFX IOS app all of the time, but occasionally several LIFX bulbs become uninitialized/unavailable to HS3. There is no rhyme or reason as to when or why except that it seems to be nearly every time my wife wants to use them!

What would cause a LIFX bulb to become uninitialized/unavailable to HS3 and still be available to the phone app?

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X