No announcement yet.

Mega slowdown!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mega slowdown!

    Activated this plugin on a HS3 Raspberry Pi install that already has the Omni, WX and Direct TV plugins.
    Imported my network file and everything bogged down.
    If I disable the plugin, everything returns to normal speed.
    Near instantaneous response, including via the Amazon Echo.

    What could be causing this slowing of the system?
    This plugin is unusable right now.
    Last edited by Desert_AIP; December 20, 2017, 04:34 PM. Reason: Resolved

    Before importing can you set the log level to Debug, and then post the logs you get when you import?

    The import can takes some time and can probably slow things down, but when it's done everything should be back to normal.

    how many UPB devices do you have?

    what kind of PIM do you use?


      Using a Simply Automated Serial PIM with a USB to RS232 cable.
      It appears to recognize it correctly (it updated the port correctly).
      Haven't tried using the GPIO TTL converter and serial port because this was easier to test.

      I have about 70-80 devices and about 100 links.

      After the import I deleted out the redundant UPB devices (duplicated with the Omni) But left the unique items such as independent device channels, IO device channels and links.

      With the plugin running the web page interface is so slow it takes minutes for a click to take effect, and I see no response to any action on the HS side. When I disable the plugin it returns to normal operation. I can control the devices through the HSTouch app, the web interface and Amazon Echo.

      I really want to use this plugin since it has Link support the Omni plugin does not.

      I'll erase and set the log up and re-import.


        I wonder if the problem goes away if you do NOT delete any of the UPB plugin created devices?



          I started off not deleting anything.
          The slowdown caused me to try deleting the redundant devices because I thought maybe the system was bogged down with the ~600 devices total.

          Gonna play with it more tonight.


            Completely deleted all UPB devices.
            Changed the log to debug.
            Reactivated the plugin and imported the config.

            After the config was complete.
            I can control an Omni unit with minimal delay, normal.
            Even with the plugin running.

            If I try to control a UPB unit, things slow down.
            Nothing happens with that command.
            And, if I try to issue a command to an Omni unit, nothing appears to happen.
            But that command does work after several minutes.
            Once that happens, the Omni unit commands operate normally.

            So it appears when I issue a UPB command, there is some loop or something else causing a severe delay. The UPB command does not activate. So I assume it tries and finally times out.

            Could this be an issue with the USB to serial adapter?


              have you tried to disable the Omni plugin? maybe it does not play well with the UPB plugin?

              I would need to see some debug logs to help you more.


                Originally posted by spud View Post
                have you tried to disable the Omni plugin? maybe it does not play well with the UPB plugin?

                I would need to see some debug logs to help you more.
                I am running both your UBP Plugin as well as the Omni Plugin. That said, I decided a while back to have the Omni run the HAI/Leviton UPB gear directly via HLC Commands from the panel PIM. For any non HAI/Leviton (Simply Automated etc) I run a separate UPB PIM on a different UPB Network ID for the Spud UPB Plugin since your Plugin accesses all of the advanced UPB features for devices that HAI cannot. Essentially I have two UPB networks running, a HAI (HLC) and UPB Native.



                  Played with a little more, its now working great!

                  I finally moved the USB to serial converter to another USB port and, for whatever reason, it's working.

                  Looks very promising, thanks for a great plugin!